PDA

View Full Version : Question HSDPA throughput fluctuate?

prasath085
2011-02-03, 01:12 AM
Dear Expert,

I had a problem in HSDPA throughput, for certain time throughput value is very low it meant it comes to 0 value and after some time the value reaches the maximum throughput 2 to 3 Mbps. For that location CQI is very good value is 21 and we used Dynamic pdscch codes. value is 5 to 10.RSCP for that location is -75 to 80. Ec/Io also very good range is -3 to-6. According to my decision there is no pblm in drive side, Could u help me for this.

Vendor : Huawei
RAN : 11
Modulation : 16QAM
Channel Element :384
Iub interface : there is no conjestion.

This problem is occur in all over the network

riyantoyadi
2011-03-29, 09:57 PM
See for SGSN setting timer for that

gprastomo
2011-03-29, 10:11 PM
During this problem, is it move to fach or still in HSDPA ?
And you have to see the RT Power utilization. and check also whether alot unnecessary sho attempt.

br

Dear Expert,

I had a problem in HSDPA throughput, for certain time throughput value is very low it meant it comes to 0 value and after some time the value reaches the maximum throughput 2 to 3 Mbps. For that location CQI is very good value is 21 and we used Dynamic pdscch codes. value is 5 to 10.RSCP for that location is -75 to 80. Ec/Io also very good range is -3 to-6. According to my decision there is no pblm in drive side, Could u help me for this.

Irna
2011-03-29, 10:25 PM
i think for Cell FACH actually not zero but 8kbps or 16 kbps depend on RNC setting. if problem no congestion please also seeing signalling congestion on secondary (SCCCH). After that check your SGSN setting

tukangoptim
2011-03-29, 10:35 PM
i think for Cell FACH actually not zero but 8kbps or 16 kbps depend on RNC setting. if problem no congestion please also seeing signalling congestion on secondary (SCCCH). After that check your SGSN setting

how to check SGSN setting ?
please list which setting to check, and what should be the best value ?

:victory:

tukangoptim
2011-03-29, 10:40 PM
During this problem, is it move to fach or still in HSDPA ?
And you have to see the RT Power utilization. and check also whether alot unnecessary sho attempt.

br

agree with Gito, its good to have minimum SHO attempt, also minimize active set number. if it is the problem, you can try increase HspaTimerLen to minimize possibility of event 1d

:victory:

riyantoyadi
2011-03-29, 10:54 PM
i thinks HSDPA not using SHO ? :(

agenov
2011-03-29, 11:16 PM
Dear Expert,

Hi,

To be honest with you it is quite difficult to be said what might be the reasons for your problem without additional info. If you can provide some more information, drive tests, LMT IMSI trace or .... probably we can help you out.

BR
Alex

tukangoptim
2011-04-04, 06:41 PM
i thinks HSDPA not using SHO ? :(

everybody knows this..

Walid Madih
2011-04-04, 07:26 PM
Dear Expert,

Check the tranmission alarms or make a ping testin the Iub.
If you get 100% success in the ping test so they will be no transmission problem.

Regards,
Walid

dje2005
2011-04-04, 09:30 PM
HI,

for HSDPA throughput fluctuation, there are many reasons:
- UE release (smartphone): in some vendors the schedulers are lost and do not schedule the users properly, check if the CQI=0 is high or has increased after SW upgrade...
- Iub type: ATM or Dual or Full IP, try to fallback to full ATM and see the impact if your Iub is dual or IP
- HS serving cell change: try to minimize the attempts
- In RNC border try to delay serving cell change as well or enable HS over Iur if you have it
- Check the pre-emption and HSDPA downgrade due to RT/NRT, I mean the RAB or channel switching fro HS to DCH or FACH

BR//

ximie
2011-06-03, 04:08 PM
Hi,

To be honest with you it is quite difficult to be said what might be the reasons for your problem without additional info. If you can provide some more information, drive tests, LMT IMSI trace or .... probably we can help you out.

BR
Alex

Hi,
I have similiar problem. Attached are 2 sets of LMT trace done at different time.
No abnormality on other stats ie: RRC & RAB.
Please help :victory: