PDA

View Full Version : Question SRNS Relocation parameter change

kadir
2011-02-01, 12:16 AM
Hi All;

I have big problem on CDR after we changed the SRNC relocation parameter from NRT to RT. we got big degradation on CS CDR after this.

Please urgent reply if you have any idea of this issue. How can we solve this or we have to back to NRT.

br
Kadir

kadir
2011-02-01, 02:10 AM
Hey guys!;

no feeback ? :(

wolverine
2011-02-01, 03:08 AM
which supplier? and is this srns relocation ue involved (i.e with Iur) or srns relocation ue not involved (i.e without Iur)?

kadir
2011-02-01, 06:37 PM
which supplier? and is this srns relocation ue involved (i.e with Iur) or srns relocation ue not involved (i.e without Iur)?

Hi wolverine:)

it is huawei vendor, and non involved Ue(without Iur)

thanks for reply
continue help pls:)

kadir
2011-02-01, 09:57 PM
and when we traced the issue, we saw that all the failures on preparation failure counter.

dkaloki
2011-02-01, 11:32 PM
Hi All;

I have big problem on CDR after we changed the SRNC relocation parameter from NRT to RT. we got big degradation on CS CDR after this.

Please urgent reply if you have any idea of this issue. How can we solve this or we have to back to NRT.

br
Kadir
The benefits of SRNS relocation are as follows:

1. Static relocation and relocation due to cell or URA update
SRNS relocation can avoid data forwarding on the Iur interface, thus reducing the bandwidth occupied by the Iur interface and shortening the transmission delay of the user plane.
2. Relocation due to hard handover
SRNS relocation can ensure that communications are not interrupted when the UE moves to the coverage area of another RNC.

If any of the above is not the objective of changing the NRT to RT, then I would advice to revert back to NRT, and allow the DSCR process for less drops across IUR.

dkaloki
2011-02-01, 11:33 PM
The benefits of SRNS relocation are as follows:

1. Static relocation and relocation due to cell or URA update
SRNS relocation can avoid data forwarding on the Iur interface, thus reducing the bandwidth occupied by the Iur interface and shortening the transmission delay of the user plane.
2. Relocation due to hard handover
SRNS relocation can ensure that communications are not interrupted when the UE moves to the coverage area of another RNC.

If any of the above is not the objective of changing the NRT to RT, then I would advice to revert back to NRT, and allow the DSCR process for less drops across IUR

kadir
2011-02-02, 01:14 AM
is there any idea about the failures, why we have to much relocation failures, in the trace it is not showing s.thing usefull, it is only saying that relocation prep. failure due to unspecified.

pls continue to discuss it.

qaqa
2011-02-02, 02:55 AM
Have you checked your neighbors. NRNC neighbors

wolverine
2011-02-02, 03:54 AM
I am a bit confused now, it is not possible to have a procedure where the UE is not involved and there is not Iur interface

If you don't have an Iur in place then it is a UE involved procedure (the procedure being a HHO).

Hi wolverine:)

it is huawei vendor, and non involved Ue(without Iur)

thanks for reply
continue help pls:)

no_1'sfasterthanradiowave
2011-02-02, 06:31 AM
You might want to check support of relocation on the CN side per domain.

kadir
2011-02-02, 05:24 PM
I am a bit confused now, it is not possible to have a procedure where the UE is not involved and there is not Iur interface

If you don't have an Iur in place then it is a UE involved procedure (the procedure being a HHO).

There is an Iur between 2 RNCs, failure counter is Ue not involved.

kadir
2011-02-04, 04:25 PM
Have you checked your neighbors. NRNC neighbors

i checked, it is fine

tukangoptim
2011-02-04, 05:16 PM
is it happen in all border cells ?
both Iur ?

kadir
2011-02-04, 06:17 PM
is it happen in all border cells ?
both Iur ?
it happens border cells between 2 RNCs, but there are another 2 RNCs which has no problem. The problem is before the Iur on preparation stage.

share2107
2011-02-05, 01:18 AM
Have you checked the are defined as NRCNcell in the RNC border?
You have to take a look the cells defined in the border RNC.
The command is LST NRNCCELL...
Let us know what you found :)

eyirmibes
2011-02-05, 03:42 AM
Kadir selamlar,

Please check two parameters on relation basis RNC1 - RNC2 on NRNC table.

1. Iur Exist = TRU
2. SHO_HxPA ... = TRUE

The problem you are facing shall be as follows:

UE drops the call with Unspecified Failure
UE goes to idle
UE make cell reselection and DSCR
SGSN forwards data to UE

Hope it is helpful

kadir
2011-02-08, 01:16 AM
Merhaba Elif;

I checked the all parameter for both RNCs, one of them has a problem on relocation, the other one does not have. it means the problem is not because of the parameters settings actually all the parameters are the same about NRNC.

I think the problem on MSC side what do you think?

Kadir selamlar,

Please check two parameters on relation basis RNC1 - RNC2 on NRNC table.

1. Iur Exist = TRU
2. SHO_HxPA ... = TRUE

The problem you are facing shall be as follows:

UE drops the call with Unspecified Failure
UE goes to idle
UE make cell reselection and DSCR
SGSN forwards data to UE

Hope it is helpful

kentck86
2011-09-23, 12:34 AM
Hi Kadir,

Did you found the solution? Mind to share the cause and the resolve please?

kadir
2011-11-25, 12:30 AM
hi my friend,

sorry for late, the problem was on MSC side, there was NSN and HUAWEI MSCs, huawei MSCs was using R99 and NSN was using R4 due to this there was some configuration problem after they configured it correctly the feature started to work fine.

br
kadir

dkaloki
2011-11-25, 07:07 AM
thanks Kadir,

that's very valuable info...

Regards,

DK