PDA

View Full Version : TMA-Tower Mounted Amplifier

Ericsson_RND
2011-01-27, 04:06 AM
Dear All,

Is there anybody have TMA-Tower Mounted Amplifier in his network and what is the practical result for this feature.

Please if you have documents with practical test result concerning this I will be happy if you share it with us.

Thanks for usual support

Regards
Ahmed Al-Shawi

punto
2011-01-27, 07:48 AM
Hi ,
you will compensated/boost weak segnal attenuated for feeder cable loss amount of dB > and as a result you better KPI statistics of drop call ratio - reduced numero of drop calls due to 2 low signal level and to 2 bad quality (urbana MS traffic captured in ground floor/basement, and rural MS traffic captured in faraway distancias from the RBS) adn as consequencia you will increase traffic and make more money on that cellula, which will just very quickly payoff invested money in TMAhardware.

qwertry
2011-01-27, 07:59 AM
Hi,

On every site where we have indoor Node B, we install TMA, this is according design documentation from radio planners, major job of TMA is to compensate losses in feeder in uplink direction, second job is to power and manage RET actuator. When we have RRU near to antenna TMA is not necessary, but when we reach given limits of feeder length , depending on frequency band, we must to install. For 2G there is no practice to install TMA, in some cases we have very long feeders or BTS with high output power, with large coverage zone, and in this cases we have TMA.
Sorry, but i can not provide documentation or some compares how Node B or BTS works with or without TMA.

BR

ash_bansal
2011-03-31, 12:03 PM
Yes, we have TMA's implemented in our network( 3G as well as 3G). In 2G , we have used to expand the coverage area in rural clutter so get the maximun benefit of the investment. Yes, practically as well it works.

firstmaxim
2011-03-31, 12:44 PM
Dear All,

Is there anybody have TMA-Tower Mounted Amplifier in his network and what is the practical result for this feature.

Please if you have documents with practical test result concerning this I will be happy if you share it with us.

Thanks for usual support

Regards
Ahmed Al-Shawi

Ahmed,
In 3G there would an immediate realization of higher capacity on the uplink, but one should be cognizant of the increased i value (other cell/own cell interference) which actually increases when a TMA is used.

On the downlink, use of TMA can actually reduce capacity, because of the enhancement of the cell size. I have included an illustration in the attachment.
Regards.

Ericsson_RND
2011-03-31, 08:06 PM
Dear Firstmaxim;

Many thanks for you useful documents and support

Regards
Ahmed Al-Shawi