PDA

View Full Version : By Pass Authentication at MSC and SGSN

morningboy
2011-01-26, 12:12 PM
Hello guys,

I develop something, and my development will be solved if i can by pass authentication process inside GSM.

as you know the authentication compare random number with several parameter such as Kc, Ki, SRES, RAND. My objective is not to use it, so if MSC/SGSN got Location Update Request, MSC/SGSN will send Location Update Accept without sending Authentication Request. Can I do it actually ?.

I got some information about configuration to pass the authentication such as :

For SGSN E/// check the parameter Gb_Ciphering, Gb_UncipheredMode & Iu_UncipheredMode in SGSN

For MSC E/// check MGEPC:PROP=CIPHER-0;

since i don't have any MSC/SGSN hardware, I don't know what does it mean. Is there anyone knows about those parameter function ?. Can use it to solve my problem ?

Thanks

aldiden45
2011-01-27, 10:32 AM
Hello guys,

I develop something, and my development will be solved if i can by pass authentication process inside GSM.

as you know the authentication compare random number with several parameter such as Kc, Ki, SRES, RAND. My objective is not to use it, so if MSC/SGSN got Location Update Request, MSC/SGSN will send Location Update Accept without sending Authentication Request. Can I do it actually ?.

I got some information about configuration to pass the authentication such as :

For SGSN E/// check the parameter Gb_Ciphering, Gb_UncipheredMode & Iu_UncipheredMode in SGSN

For MSC E/// check MGEPC:PROP=CIPHER-0;

since i don't have any MSC/SGSN hardware, I don't know what does it mean. Is there anyone knows about those parameter function ?. Can use it to solve my problem ?

Thanks
It is strange that you need deactivate authentication without access to SGSN or MSC.

Those commands in the SGSN might deactivate authentication, or select in which procedures to do it (i.e. frequency of authentication request). In other vendors is possible to determine in which procedures to apply it and in which not.

regards
Aldi