PDA

View Full Version : Multi RAB PS+PS call

sakibd2k
2011-01-26, 04:44 AM
Hi there,

Can some one tell me how will this tested?
I can make MULTI RAB CS + PS call by downloading something using Command sequence and make call manually from the phone to a number.

Now making Multirab PS + PS here is my thought.

I will upload something from Gmail account and same time open a chat session in Gmail will that be considered MULTI RAB PS + PS call
as second PS call use the same PDP context established from PDP context 1 (same username password ) but different QOS.

AM i correct i dont know.

Can soem one tell me how MUlti RAB PS + PS will happen than.

Thanks

qaqa
2011-01-26, 02:49 PM
Hi Friend

Explain the following:
1- you vendor
2- what kind of services are defined for PS in the Core: Interactive/streaming/background/conversational.

hari_2208
2011-01-26, 05:37 PM
hope this helps!!!!

PS+PS
+ initiate the PS call via laptop connected to you UE...ex emails access.
+ Then using the browser/or data application in the UE itself initiate a PS,most probabily it will resuse in new PDP req/creation and hence a new RAB than the one used from above.

hari_2208
2011-01-26, 05:39 PM
Iam assuming the APN req will be different in both,which depends on how operators have configured in ggsn!!!

longdn
2011-01-26, 05:45 PM
when you use several applications like : web browsing, mail dowload, ftp ... at the same time, with one PDP context --> it still belong one RAB.

Incase of UE uses some services, each services use a seperate PDP context --> multiRAB is here

Hope it useful for you :)