PDA

View Full Version : GPEH Sample file

qaqa
2011-01-20, 03:40 AM
Hello Guys

I am newly exposed to E// 3G/3.5G Platform and need some help from the Gurus.
I need somebody to upload on GPEH file if possible. I need to have a look into the GPEH data, to know what kind of imformation it provides, how it can help to do deep diving optimization, weather it can give similar results as using Probes (Tektronix, Astilia,..)
thank you very much.
:)

s52d
2011-01-20, 05:34 AM
Hello Guys

I am newly exposed to E// 3G/3.5G Platform and need some help from the Gurus.
I need somebody to upload on GPEH file if possible. I need to have a look into the GPEH data, to know what kind of imformation it provides, how it can help to do deep diving optimization, weather it can give similar results as using Probes (Tektronix, Astilia,..)
thank you very much.
:)

Hi!
Binary file is of no use without parser.
There is a lot of discussion on this forum, even some good presentations.
Reading file description in Alex is good step, check some presentations (T-Mobile Hungary was posted these days).

In short: you get all data as on IuB/Iu/IuR probes, with RNC internal state on top of it.
For whole network.
Then you are completely lost in too much data.
Then you start fixing neighbor relations, overshooting antennas, pilot pollution.
Then you tune some timers.
Then you look as per-terminal type statistics.
Then you start using GPEH for customer complains.
Then you can not live without GPEH anymore.

Those of us remembering P2.1 and P3 releases wrote own parsers, now you can buy them
on the market.

BR
s52d

qaqa
2011-01-20, 01:13 PM
Hi Bro.

Thank you for your thorough explanations.
I am finding the GPEH very interesting as it includes both internal and Inter-Node events. Right now I am collecting information about it, some presentations, docs... but need to see what kind of output it might provide me compared to what an IUB/Iu probe can provide (i.e., Tektronix, Astillia, Asus..)
for the parser i guess I can find it somewhere. I know the Xeus tool can do it but sure there are other tools in the market as you have mentioned.
I even have some questions that I need some experts in E// platform like you to answer me concerning the GPEH, there functionality, types of collected data, configuration.....If you don't mind that I ask you it will be very apreciated.
If you have a samll size GPEH file kindly upload it here or in an external link.
thank you very much:)