PDA

View Full Version : Planner or Optimizer ?!!

raednoor
2011-01-13, 05:28 PM
i would like from experience members in the field to share their knowledge about these topics:

the planner does the work in the initial network construction using Atoll, Asset,... right??

after the project is done, the planner job ends with the company, right??

well, how to apply for these projects???
What is the duration the project lasts??? ( 6 months i guess)

the optimizer job is tuning network, and optimize system performance like when commissioning new sites.

in already built networks, the planning falls in the responsibility of the optimizer, right ??

so, ( if my above definitions are right), what the markets needs more ???

mimoX
2011-01-13, 06:27 PM
the planner does the work in the initial network construction using Atoll, Asset,... right??
Yes. various tool for various tasks.

after the project is done, the planner job ends with the company, right??
not really. he can do opti since rnp/rno is inter-related.

well, how to apply for these projects???
no comments
What is the duration the project lasts??? ( 6 months i guess)
depend on how big the network+how many planner.

the optimizer job is tuning network, and optimize system performance like when commissioning new sites.
yes. and he also must has some rnp knowledge, since he has to make changes to BTS setting sometime (which was set by planner)

in already built networks, the planning falls in the responsibility of the optimizer, right ??
you mean plan for new BTS? if to expand network, no, still under planner.

so, ( if my above definitions are right), what the markets needs more ???
no comments

i would say that planner can be a good optimizer as well.

dekili
2011-01-13, 06:43 PM
mimoX gave great answer. RNO engineers are also RNP engineers. It is a matter of experience and knowledge of specific equipment. Mobile operators will have several RNPs working full time and smaller number of leading RNO engineers who will work with DT engineers on network optimization. RNO is also RNP since DT results are imported into Atoll, Asset etc… in order to calibrate propagation model, make changes etc…
I would not make such distinctive difference between RNP and RNO engineer…

raednoor
2011-01-13, 07:42 PM
Projects that held in Europe, Africa,.....,the rf engineer plan the network.

in this situation, when the project is done, the rf job ends, right ?!!

in his accommodation, what are the company advantages given to him (like salary, residence) ?!!

dekili
2011-01-13, 09:08 PM
Projects that held in Europe, Africa,.....,the rf engineer plan the network.

in this situation, when the project is done, the rf job ends, right ?!!

in his accommodation, what are the company advantages given to him (like salary, residence) ?!!

You can go for a contract and you can be in the country/area where the network should be built. This is not very often these days because there not so many new, greenfield, networks built but upgrades of existing networks. In that case it depends on your contract. You will get the salary and accommodation, car usage, health insurance, tickets for flying back home etc… are the things that you negotiate. Usually, it is accepted that you will get your salary and temporary accommodation or permanent during the project is being taken.
If you are working on initial network planning, you do not have to be “on the spot”. You can do the planning from remote locations using DTM and tools needed remotely. So in that case it is pure salary…
RNO job and DT job is usually taken on site, but RNO engineers could give recommendations sitting away from the actual network. Again, it is just a pure salary.
RNP job does not stops with initial network planning but continues further on with implementing changes from RNO, following traffic changes etc… so new BTS/NodeB site could be planned, additional channels added to the cells, etc… Usually, they get involved in RNO job and they perform RNP/RNO jobs… It all depends on your contract, your performance and your plans…
In short, RNP engineer has a full time job as long as network exists. It might not be full time job for all RNP engineers who were involved in initial planning of a new network but for some of them it is a full time job.

raednoor
2011-01-13, 09:25 PM
In order to work far from field and give them the results, someone should have a good experience.

is it preferable to work ( to gain the experience faster) with operators or vendors ??!!

bdplanner
2011-01-14, 03:02 AM
In order to work far from field and give them the results, someone should have a good experience.

is it preferable to work ( to gain the experience faster) with operators or vendors ??!!

probably with vendors. all the contractual job requires some vendor experience. Since I dont have any vendor experience (I am with an operator from the beginning) , havent been called once :(. I also need some suggestions from experienced persons here.

putrawhisnu
2011-01-14, 09:29 AM
my suggestion is : you must have skill from planning, optimisation until manage service (hardware). then you will employeed all of your life :)

Andryawan
2011-01-17, 07:50 PM
I believe a good Optimizer is also a good Planner :D
don't make such distinctive difference between RNP and RNO, they work with same parameter