PDA

View Full Version : Missing neighbor detection method differnce

harjeetsehjan
2011-01-12, 07:01 PM
Hi All

What is the advantage of using a scanner to detect missing neighbors if we can do it only by looking at the cells in the detected cells by UE?

adedia
2011-01-13, 11:56 AM
Looking at the detected cells are only estimation based on network algorithm. Put an example two specific detected neighbor having exact data. Detected cells will only decide (by estimation) and display one.
Whereas by scanner you're looking pure at the radio situation without the intervention of mobile algorithm. That way you could get more accurate result.

rishi
2011-01-13, 03:47 PM
main function of scanner is it is independent of a particular operater and it can scan all frequency u have entered in the scanner to scan which in most of the time is not shown in UEs

harjeetsehjan
2011-01-13, 04:29 PM
Thanks a lot guys. If some client asks to do without scanner, what is the extent I can rely on detected set detection.

bdplanner
2011-01-16, 01:49 AM
Thanks a lot guys. If some client asks to do without scanner, what is the extent I can rely on detected set detection.

use MIPT to search cell to cell neighbor relation on mapinfo. This way you can find out missing neighbors and also unnecessary neighbors. This is a tiresome process (trust me :() , but very effective.