PDA

View Full Version : Service based HO and high Speech traffic

electron
2011-01-11, 12:59 AM
Hi Friends,

In our 3G network(E******* network) Service based HO is activated .in some cells which are located in dense area some cells are carrying high speech traffic also i have checked daily HS and R99 payload on this cells are high. IRAT HO performance also is normal. What is the reason of carrying high speech traffic on this cells even we activated SBHO on network?

How we can offload speech traffic on this cells?

Can directed retry feature on this cells help us?

Thanks

mon3em
2011-01-11, 02:06 AM
maybe your GSM Cells is also highly utilized (congestion).

try to check HO Succ rate per cells & the most important HO preparation failure per cells ... since it is first indication which telling that GSM resources is not avilable OR the GSMrelations is invalid due mis configuration !!!

electron
2011-01-11, 02:10 AM
maybe your GSM Cells is also highly utilized (congestion).

try to check HO Succ rate per cells & the most important HO preparation failure per cells ... since it is first indication which telling that GSM resources is not avilable OR the GSMrelations is invalid due mis configuration !!!

In all of our cases GSM neighbor cells are not congested and parameters configurations are normal. As i said IRAT performance is normal !!!

wolverine
2011-01-11, 05:05 AM
Do you have a single 3G coverage layer i.e. f1? If yes, then you can add a second layer f2 and separate CS from HS. E.g f1 for CS and f2 for HS.

If you can't afford to do that you can use directed retry to GSM for CS as you mention. You can trigger it early (by modifying the % of pwradm it takes to trigger) thus offloading CS traffic to GSM.