PDA

View Full Version : Question Virtual drive test tool

dekili
2011-01-03, 02:08 AM
Hello guys,

could you share your expirinece with virtual drive test tools? I am investgating some options but I definately need a recommendation and maybe some documents about the tools available in the market.
Thanks

proy1_10
2011-01-03, 04:12 AM
here is this forum are all tools that you need to do a real drive test.
Only needed correct model of mobile

dekili
2011-01-03, 05:19 AM
here is this forum are all tools that you need to do a real drive test.
Only needed correct model of mobile

That is true but as a junior I had limted access until today so I will check them...
Anyway, I am interested going with the combination of physical (real) drive tests and vitual drive tests in order to use for UMTS RAN optimization. Optimization would not be based just on DT data but also on the data reported from mobile terminals during the calls. It does have some benefits comparing to the real DTs and saves some resources...
I now about 3-4 compaines specialized in VDT software so I was just wondering in someone could share with us comparison results fom some previous purchases...

Alex_R
2011-01-03, 06:14 PM
Dear All

please check below link for VDT

Virtual Drive Test - Conversion Tool (http://www.spirent.com/Solutions-Directory/Virtual_Drive_Testing.aspx)

dekili
2011-01-03, 10:33 PM
Dear All

please check below link for VDT

Virtual Drive Test - Conversion Tool (http://www.spirent.com/Solutions-Directory/Virtual_Drive_Testing.aspx)

Thanks Alex for the link. I know about the Spirent from UK, Nice from Israel and 1-2 or more companies providing such tools. The question is if anyone had a chance to use them and to compare their features?

mobysol
2011-01-03, 11:51 PM
Thanks Alex for the link. I know about the Spirent from UK, Nice from Israel and 1-2 or more companies providing such tools. The question is if anyone had a chance to use them and to compare their features?

May let us know in which vendor E/// , Nokia you are interested ... tools like TEMS Visualization are much powerful since they collect samples from every MS in reported in network with all layer3 info & call events.

Also there are other network independent as Nexius...

dekili
2011-01-04, 12:13 AM
I am interestd in network independent tols. I have listed those two who are such tools. The tool should be able to read GPEH from E/// and Traces because of Huawei. Plan is to use TEMS for real drive tests and to use VDT tool to read GPEH from E/// RNCs and traces because swap might be an option in near future.
Idea is to use all of the gathered data to overlay with radio planning tool results and that is why I would keep TEMS as a real DT tool.

dekili
2011-01-07, 09:29 PM
Does anyonehas any expirience with Aircom Optima used for such purpose of virtual drive testing? Most VDT softwares are used for channel emulation and NodeB and phone software testing. I am interested if someone has used any tool to have live network optimization instead of emulation/simlation...