PDA

View Full Version : BSIC Problem

Ericsson_RND
2010-12-19, 03:20 AM
Dear Brothers,

I am new with E******* Equipments I need your comments for the below issue concerning the BSIC problem, As per my knowledge with ******** equipments, it should not be 2 sites in same BSC have same BCCH and same BSIC.
In E******* I found that one BSC has two or more than two LACs, and same BSC can control huge numbers of sites compared to ******** BSCs.
What is the main concept for BSIC issue with E******* BSCs.
1. Can same BSC have two sites with same BSIC and Same BCCH and the two sites connected to different LACs.
2. Can same BSC have two sites with same BSIC and Same BCCH and the two sites connected to same LAC.

And what is the conflict that caused when there is two or more than two sites have same BSIC and same BCCH.

Regards
Ahmed Al-Shawi

luganomu
2010-12-19, 03:55 AM
Hi bro

Any bsc its not allowed for two cell id to have same BSIC and BCCH combination regardless of how many LACs the BSC operates with.

There will be paging ISSUE.

scorpion
2010-12-19, 01:34 PM
Hi,

Is there is any issue creating the same LAC + CI in all the MSC for testing purpose. What will be the consqunces...

My plan is to usae it for connecting the test BTS only...

s52d
2010-12-19, 03:32 PM
Dear Brothers,

I am new with E******* Equipments I need your comments for the below issue concerning the BSIC problem, As per my knowledge with ******** equipments, it should not be 2 sites in same BSC have same BCCH and same BSIC.
In E******* I found that one BSC has two or more than two LACs, and same BSC can control huge numbers of sites compared to ******** BSCs.
1. Can same BSC have two sites with same BSIC and Same BCCH and the two sites connected to different LACs.
2. Can same BSC have two sites with same BSIC and Same BCCH and the two sites connected to same LAC.

And what is the conflict that caused when there is two or more than two sites have same BSIC and same BCCH.

Regards
Ahmed Al-Shawi

Hi!
Please do not mix two different cell identifications.

BSIC, composed of NCC+BCC, gives neighbor identification based on mobile measurement reports. Good BSIC planning means BSC can allways identify proper cell, given
BCCH+BSIC in a given cell.
In cases where you really need it, BCC/TSC can be planned separately for TCH band (CHGR1).

Cell ID (network-Location Area-CI) must be unique for every cell.
MSC/VLR would not allow you to define same CID twice: it is possible in different MSCs/BSCs,
but you might get OSS confused.

BR
s52d

haq_enam
2010-12-19, 04:27 PM
Dear Brothers,

Regards
Ahmed Al-Shawi

U can put muitiple BSIC and BCCH in same BSC but it helps to indentify proper cell to MS...if multiple BSIC and BCCH are close and MS can identify it.. interference will occure and MS can not able to understand what cells need to make HO. Lots of call drops occurs. cell performance will be bad.

U can make multiple lac in a BSC. If u rworking with huge no of cells it is not wise to have all cells in the lac...multiple lac helps to prganize cells properly...

U can put same BSIC and BCCH in some other cell with maintain safe BCCH. Please frequency re use technique..It is part of frequency planning...

esambpa
2011-01-09, 01:50 PM
Dear Brothers,

Regards
Ahmed Al-Shawi
Yes Two sites can have same BCCH & BSIC connected to same LAC or DIFFERENT LACS, but the criteria is they shouldn't be neighbours & depends upon terrain conditions. In Normal condition Two cells having CO-BCCH BSIC should be separated by atleast 5 KM.

cvthiagu
2011-01-09, 04:29 PM
Dear Brothers,

Regards
Ahmed Al-Shawi

BSIC = NCC+BCC
Range of NCC is from 0 to 7
Range of BCC is from 0 to 7

So Possible values of BSIC is from 00(octal) to 77(Octal)
Except Country Border where Nw Operators across borders will agree to use different NCCs

So Except Border areas you use all the possibles values of NCC

There is no constraint that Two cells within Same Lac cannot have Same BSIC, BCCH.

Thing is that Two Neighbour cells should not have Same BSIC + BCCH

and particularly in the overlapping range

Ericsson_RND
2011-01-10, 02:32 AM
BSIC = NCC+BCC
Range of NCC is from 0 to 7
Range of BCC is from 0 to 7

So Possible values of BSIC is from 00(octal) to 77(Octal)
Except Country Border where Nw Operators across borders will agree to use different NCCs

So Except Border areas you use all the possibles values of NCC

There is no constraint that Two cells within Same Lac cannot have Same BSIC, BCCH.

Thing is that Two Neighbour cells should not have Same BSIC + BCCH

and particularly in the overlapping range

Dear Cvthiagu,

Many Thanks for your clarifications

Wish you all the success

Regards
Ahmed Al-Shawi

baig_kashan@yahoo.com
2011-03-08, 05:18 PM
thanks a lot for sharing the useful information