PDA

View Full Version : Missing WCDMA Intra´frequency neighbor

haq_enam
2010-12-14, 06:31 PM
I am analyzed log files of 3G and found ''Missing WCDMA Intra´frequency neighbor'' 4 times although Ec/Io is -8dBm and site is almost close to the area(350m).

Can u let me know
1. What does it mean ?
2.how i will indentify missing neighbors cell and how i will solve the problems.

kamy
2010-12-14, 06:40 PM
I am analyzed log files of 3G and found ''Missing WCDMA Intra´frequency neighbor'' 4 times although Ec/Io is -8dBm and site is almost close to the area(350m).

Can u let me know
1. What does it mean ?
2.how i will indentify missing neighbors cell and how i will solve the problems.

find out exactly which neighbor are missed and add them.

haq_enam
2010-12-14, 06:54 PM
find out exactly which neighbor are missed and add them.

I wanna know how i will find that missing neighbors from lof information. I have been using TEMS Investigation.

kamy
2010-12-14, 06:59 PM
I wanna know how i will find that missing neighbors from lof information. I have been using TEMS Investigation.

the easier way is using temcell file, which contains neighbor list information

haq_enam
2010-12-14, 07:05 PM
the easier way is using temcell file, which contains neighbor list information

i think Missing neighbor is indicated that is not in the neighbor list but it has better Ec/Io than other neighbors. Although signal is stronest and coming that place it will not show because not in the list. I think scanning would be option to have that one.

If u have any other ways pls let me now

thaks

manson
2010-12-14, 09:29 PM
How do you know the serving cell is almost close to the area (350m)...?
Active set WCDMA is 3 serving cell... Which cell is a missing neighbour..?
If you have a problem, maybe you can try to explain all your problem for them... or, maybe you can share the logfile problem for them... and than, they know how to explain and giving suggestion... :rolleyes:

Darko
2010-12-14, 10:30 PM
TEMS indicate missing neighbor using special event "Missing Neighbor" or something like that... If you need to process a huge amount of data then the best way would be to extract logs to .fmt file and do some analysis in excel...

zhanglw268
2010-12-15, 05:37 AM

Can u let me know
1. What does it mean ?

The cell(s) in the Detected set but not in the Active set and Monitored Set will be the "Missing neigbour(s)". Please note that it maybe in the cell's neighbour list but got cut off if you have the combined neighbour cell list feature enabled due to low priority etc., You need to check the physical location of the cell to decide whether you add the "Missing neighbour", or down tilt etc. measures to let the missing neighbour weaker than current value and disappear.

Regards

zhanglw268

haq_enam
2010-12-15, 04:19 PM
Thanks everyone to guide me to get problems

haq_enam
2010-12-15, 04:22 PM
How do you know the serving cell is almost close to the area (350m)...?
Active set WCDMA is 3 serving cell... Which cell is a missing neighbour..?
If you have a problem, maybe you can try to explain all your problem for them... or, maybe you can share the logfile problem for them... and than, they know how to explain and giving suggestion... :rolleyes:

I put log files in the map with cell data....nearer all cells have neighbor relations that is the reason not to find missing neighbors. If there is any way to find the missing neighbor in whre MS wanted to go....

As said one detected set to find missing neighbors...is it possible to see in tems investigations

hari_2208
2011-02-11, 07:36 PM
what is the triggeringCondition for event1a is it
triggeringCondition : detectedSetAndMonitoredSetCells

or

triggeringCondition : detectedSet

zhanglw268
2011-02-11, 09:06 PM
what is the triggeringCondition for event1a is it

or

Event1a is normally triggered for adding the cell to the Active Set since UE knows its Active Set, UE also knows its Detected Set And Monitored Set per the broadcasted SIB information.

Zhanglw268

sonerss
2011-02-11, 09:39 PM
Maybe below picture help you..

I put log files in the map with cell data....nearer all cells have neighbor relations that is the reason not to find missing neighbors. If there is any way to find the missing neighbor in whre MS wanted to go....

As said one detected set to find missing neighbors...is it possible to see in tems investigations

hari_2208
2011-02-12, 12:39 AM
Triggering condition (for a Event 1a) = Indicates which cells can trigger Event 1a

Iam suspecting that the trigger condition for the event1a would be set either to

or

For an optimized network the IE should be set to “Monitored set cells” to
avoid sending unnecessary measurement reports. For a less optimized network, setting the
IE to “Detected set cells and monitored set cells” provides additional information to
improve the monitored set list. The number of measurement reports sent by a UE typically
increases if the IE is set to a value which includes detected set cells, causing higher signaling
load. When set to “Active set cells” no new cells can be added by means of Event 1a.

haq_enam
2011-02-12, 01:52 AM
Triggering condition (for a Event 1a) = Indicates which cells can trigger Event 1a

Iam suspecting that the trigger condition for the event1a would be set either to

or

avoid sending unnecessary measurement reports. For a less optimized network, setting the
IE to “Detected set cells and monitored set cells” provides additional information to
improve the monitored set list. The number of measurement reports sent by a UE typically
increases if the IE is set to a value which includes detected set cells, causing higher signaling
load. When set to “Active set cells” no new cells can be added by means of Event 1a.

I am appeciated all of your feedback...hope it will help me to get more idea about it..I will let u know if i have more queries.

zhanglw268
2011-02-12, 01:56 AM

or

You can check the SIB or Measurement Control message to see what's your network's setting. Different vendor/network may have different setting.