PDA

View Full Version : Help , Problem coverage 3G.

oxcnvn
2010-12-04, 05:59 PM
Hi Bro !

I have a Problem coverage in door .

RSCP out door very good, RSCP about -67dBm, Ec/No -5dB.
but RSCP in door very bad, RSCP about -92-97dBm, Ec/No -12dB. it's very near, about 50m,

Type coverage : dense Urban.

Can you tell me the way to trouble it , please ?

kamy
2010-12-04, 06:28 PM
Hi Bro !

but RSCP in door very bad, RSCP about -92-97dBm, Ec/No -12dB. it's very near, about 50m,

you need to investigate IBS

oxcnvn
2010-12-04, 07:18 PM
Sorry , there are no IBS.
Do you have an other solution?
I Think : RSCP=RSSI+Ec/No.
I want : RSCP high ->Ec/No down -> Down Tilt about Neighbour cell . Interference down ->RSSI high. that's my think . That's righ or Wrong ?

agenov
2010-12-04, 07:21 PM
Hi Bro !

What is your target for indoor coverage by RSCP and EcNo. These values are not so extremely bad. Do you have some problems with the KPIs or customer complaint in the area of question?

oxcnvn
2010-12-04, 07:24 PM
customer complaint.
Target : RSCP : >-90dbm, Ec/No>-10Db ( indoor)

agenov
2010-12-04, 07:40 PM
customer complaint.
Target : RSCP : >-90dbm, Ec/No>-10Db ( indoor)

Well if you want to improve the coverage there you have really many indoor solutions as some parameters tuning however be sure this is the case. give some more details about this complaint?

TEMS
2010-12-04, 09:18 PM
What is your target for indoor coverage by RSCP and EcNo. These values are not so extremely bad. Do you have some problems with the KPIs or customer complaint in the area of question?

hi friend
Please check around site had hight buirding block or not?

oxcnvn
2010-12-05, 12:33 AM
All Neighbour cell On Air.
All Neighour site not yet shadow.
distance site to site : 500m.

tremalnike
2010-12-05, 12:59 AM
I think that problem is in Uplink direction. Ec/No -12 dB is good! You must expect problems when Ec/No is below -16dB
Solution is to implement TMA or indoor pico repeater.
What's the phone TX power ?

agenov
2010-12-05, 01:51 AM
There are could be so many reasons. Good option is if you can do a IMSI trace and of course to check cell's KPIs for possible problems....

OptimiNSN
2010-12-05, 02:08 AM
Very easy, you must install a BDA, Booster http://www.dselectronica.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=371&osCsid=ab121ae106a1130c76f0028527b1b375

oxcnvn
2010-12-05, 02:13 AM
I think that problem is in Uplink direction. Ec/No -12 dB is good! You must expect problems when Ec/No is below -16dB
Solution is to implement TMA or indoor pico repeater.
What's the phone TX power ?
Thanks Bro !
What 's problem Uplink direction ?
K800i Tems Pocket. Tx UL UE : < 0dBm (<1mW).
Not use TMA or Pic Repeater , we have solution other ?

oxcnvn
2010-12-05, 02:20 AM
Very easy, you must install a BDA, Amplifier/Repeaters (BDA) (http://www.wpsantennas.com/amplifier-repeater-bda.aspx)

thanks Bro !
your solution's same same IBS.
My company have solution is DAS, but expensive for a system DAS.

tremalnike
2010-12-05, 02:35 AM
Hmmm this is quite strange - ue tx_power is perfect for this conditions, dl rscp and Ec/Io - too. In this case may be this isn't coverage problem.
Tell us more details about customer complaint - bad voice , slow data speeds ? Do you have same problems with your equipment ?

offtopic: See here (http://www.nextivityinc.com/product-overview.php) for low-cost and easy for installing solution for indoor problems in small buildings (office , home )

oxcnvn
2010-12-05, 03:37 AM
Hmmm this is quite strange - ue tx_power is perfect for this conditions, dl rscp and Ec/Io - too. In this case may be this isn't coverage problem.
Tell us more details about customer complaint - bad voice , slow data speeds ? Do you have same problems with your equipment ?

offtopic: See here (http://www.nextivityinc.com/product-overview.php) for low-cost and easy for installing solution for indoor problems in small buildings (office , home )

customer complaint's low signal, voice ok, Throughput ok.
Thanks !

agenov
2010-12-07, 01:43 AM
customer complaint's low signal, voice ok, Throughput ok.
Thanks !

If voice and data are OK what actually is the problem :) more bars on the phone display :). I had similar problem when a client has complained about low signal levels and the case was more or less the same i couldn't find possible reasons for the problem but finally it was found they were in the process of renewing their contract and wanted to pay less money....in case of problem reported.
Just in case do a IMSI trace and check whether something else will pop=ups ...

tremalnike
2010-12-07, 12:29 PM
Dear oxcnvn,
note that WCDMA UE coverage indicator represents Ec/No. So increasing RSCP is one way , but other way to increase "bars" is to reduce interferer's level and gain Ec/No. I think that second way is easiest in your case - adjust azimuth and tilts on neighbor cells to make serving cell dominant.

BR

telwind
2010-12-07, 07:52 PM
hi oxcnvn,

there are many technical solutions for you in this case. increasing RSCP and downtilting and retuning the antenna of dominant cell are good choice. when you change the downtilt and azimuth it will impact to the coverage footprint.

Anyway, you should try then check the coverage onsite and monitor the KPI to see the result.