PDA

View Full Version : E******* WNSC question_[[Urgent]]

electron
2010-12-03, 04:48 PM
Hi friends,

As i understood WNSC will give suggestion of missing neighbor for 3G to 3G.I s there any feature in E/// OSS or is there any way to find result same as WNSC to conclude 3G-2G missing neighbor?

Thakns

Darko
2010-12-03, 09:35 PM
If 2G and 3G sectors are co-sited then it is best to check NCS (not WNCS) for 2G and choose best neighbors for IRAT. Using statistics we can track bad relations.

electron
2010-12-03, 10:48 PM
If 2G and 3G sectors are co-sited then it is best to check NCS (not WNCS) for 2G and choose best neighbors for IRAT. Using statistics we can track bad relations.

Thanks for your replay, of course for 2G/3G co site are first priority for neighbor definition i mean in large network how we can recognize which 2G cell should be defined as neighbor for 3G cell?

As i understood WNC just will give us 3G to 3G recommnedation i need 3G to 2G recommendation from some tool(RNC,OSS Application,...)

Any advice please...

Thanks

Darko
2010-12-04, 12:41 AM
GWNCS (GSM-WCDMA Neighboring Cell List Support) is an optional feature that can be installed as an addition to NCS. GWNCS could be used to find the most appropriate set of
WCDMA neighbor cell relations for each cell in the GSM network.

mon3em
2010-12-04, 12:51 AM
hi all

NCS_2G can do it directly.
Just u have 2 adjust the recording setting 2 read UTRAN_cells_SCs

mon3em

sonerss
2010-12-04, 01:14 AM
Hi

If you want to find 3G-2G relations, you can run GWNCS tool. It give you 3g-2g missing relations

BR

Hi friends,

As i understood WNSC will give suggestion of missing neighbor for 3G to 3G.I s there any feature in E/// OSS or is there any way to find result same as WNSC to conclude 3G-2G missing neighbor?

Thakns

electron
2010-12-04, 05:40 PM
Hi

If you want to find 3G-2G relations, you can run GWNCS tool. It give you 3g-2g missing relations

BR
As in documents i read GWNSC will gove GSM-WCDMA missing neighbour. so do you mean it can give us WCDMA-GSM missing neighbor also?

I am exactly for a feature that give us WCDMA-GSM (not GSM-WCDMA) missing neighbor recommendation.

sonerss
2010-12-04, 06:11 PM
Yes electron

GWNCS feature give us WCDMA-GSM missing neighbour data

As in documents i read GWNSC will gove GSM-WCDMA missing neighbour. so do you mean it can give us WCDMA-GSM missing neighbor also?

I am exactly for a feature that give us WCDMA-GSM (not GSM-WCDMA) missing neighbor recommendation.

s52d
2010-12-04, 08:22 PM
Yes electron

GWNCS feature give us WCDMA-GSM missing neighbour data

Hi!
As I am not aware of OSS tools: how GWNCS works? Is it just on top of BA-list recording?

Now, if you do not have it:
BAR-Utran is optional. We use it to scan all scrambling codes, so we discover
missing "2g to 3g". We never put them in, if sites are too far away.

Same data is used for 3g to 2g, there is high symmetry between 2g/3g and 3g/2g.

Without any optional features (we didi it years ago), you can just scan:
- select 30 possible candidates
- define 5 or 10 in a row
- check stats two days later, remoe what is not needed
Quite simple (unless done with GUI) and effective. But you can define neighbours by scripts, of coures.,

BR
s52d

ahmed_sa0
2010-12-09, 05:32 AM
thank u very much :)