PDA

View Full Version : Original DSP Overload Alarm

Kouka
2010-11-24, 02:16 AM
Hi friends,

Why DSP overload alarm appears despite of no UL/DL CE congestion is perceived?

Did you see this problem on Huawei case? BSC 6810 et Wbbpb3

Regards

yoronjo
2010-11-24, 10:44 AM
Hi friends,

Regards

We have been through this before. you need to properly rehome the Node Bs on the DSP boards. you can check the DSP load consumption per board. some node bs are consuming more signaling than other node bs.

one way to do it, is to basically redistrubte the node bs with high dsp utilization in the different boards.

good luck

sala70vic
2010-11-24, 03:51 PM
We have been through this before. you need to properly rehome the Node Bs on the DSP boards. you can check the DSP load consumption per board. some node bs are consuming more signaling than other node bs.

one way to do it, is to basically redistrubte the node bs with high dsp utilization in the different boards.

good luck

I think the alarm in NodeB side not RNC, so rehoming will not help

Kouka
2010-11-24, 05:38 PM
Yes. The alarm is the NodeB side.

regards

agenov
2010-11-24, 05:47 PM
Hi friends,

Regards

Usually there is load sharing between different SPUs (if i am not wrong starting around 60%) in order to avoid congestion, have you checked whether this functionality is enabled?

CEs are NodeB base-band capacity so you can have rejects from the RNC when CPU load of the SPU system where NodeB is connected is above specific threshold ( ~80% by default ) despite lower CEs consumption.

sala70vic
2010-11-24, 05:57 PM
Usually there is load sharing between different SPUs (if i am not wrong starting around 60%) in order to avoid congestion, have you checked whether this functionality is enabled?

CEs are NodeB base-band capacity so you can have rejects from the RNC when CPU load of the SPU system where NodeB is connected is above specific threshold ( ~80% by default ) despite lower CEs consumption.

No releation between SPU overload and DSP overload alarm, as DSP exists in DPU board only.

Kouka
2010-11-24, 06:08 PM
What this the parameter enabling sharing load between SPU. We use here RAN.10 in our network with BSC 6810.

Regards

agenov
2010-11-24, 09:41 PM
No releation between SPU overload and DSP overload alarm, as DSP exists in DPU board only.

Yes, my fault, i've missed that part with Wbbpb3 board. You are absolutely right.

And what alarm cause value is ? usually there is such.

Kouka
2010-11-24, 09:51 PM
The alarm fault code is 8 which means Downlink DSP is overloaded.

Regards

yoronjo
2010-11-26, 08:08 PM

thanks for correcting, i got it mixed up. @kouka, what is the version of your node b? thanks

Kouka
2010-11-26, 08:15 PM
Version is DBS 3900.

Tell me guys, in one subrack, there is a load balancing between DPU boards at subrack level?

Regards