PDA

View Full Version : MW Links in Google Earth

astro
2010-11-07, 11:01 PM
Hi Friemds,

Does anyone know a tool or procedures that allows creating microwave links drawing between sites? in Google Earth?

if anyone has it, please share.
thanks in advance,

Astro

telwind
2010-11-07, 11:04 PM
use cre8line to create MW in tab format, then GE can open it in

freakturd06
2010-11-08, 12:24 AM
Find it here brother.

http://www.finetopix.com/requests/12315-mapinfo-tool-mw-links.html

But I think you can do it using PL5. There is an option there to export it in Google Earth (.kml) or in MapInfo (.mif/mid) whatever you want.

byja
2010-11-08, 05:15 AM
Haven't used this much so far, but the best one I've seen so far is Radio Mobile. Radio Mobile is a freeware app for planning various types of networks. As for the MW it can create kml file which you can use to display link in Google Earth. It's a complete 3D design which will show you not only link direction, but also Fresnel Zone for the defined frequency and antenna heights.

Cost_Reducer
2010-11-08, 05:32 AM
Hi,

Haven't used this much so far, but the best one I've seen so far is Radio Mobile. Radio Mobile is a freeware app for planning various types of networks. As for the MW it can create kml file which you can use to display link in Google Earth. It's a complete 3D design which will show you not only link direction, but also Fresnel Zone for the defined frequency and antenna heights.

is this tool free available or must I pay for it?

Thx Cost_Reducer

byja
2010-11-08, 08:10 AM
It's completely free.

astro
2010-11-08, 08:20 AM
Thank you guys for all the informations, with regards to PL5 and Radio Mobile is this tools available in the forum?

astro

password : learning

Stantheman
2010-11-08, 09:31 AM
Radio Mobile is excellent freeware and it would be the easiest way to start, see here xxtp://www.cplus.org/rmw/english1.html also check out the "how to" resource page hxxp://www.cplus.org/rmw/howto.html, lots of good links. The link profiles exported to GE are only in the vertical plane, not true 3D with mutliple 360 degree axial Fresnel zones along the line of sight path.

Astro, from memory Softwright TAP does full 3D links exported to GE, see here hxxp://softwright.com/faq/support/hdp_3d.html and here on the forum http://www.finetopix.com/network-planning/3238-softwright-tap6-5-a.html

Be wary of the fact that if the digital terrain model in your link analysis SW differs a lot from the DTM's that Google Earth use, then the link in GE may not present itself correctly. If you use SRTM 3 (90m) DTM's then this should correlate well with GE.

Pathloss 5's capabilities in this regard look good, I need to get up to speed on that.

Regards, Stan.

freakturd06
2010-11-08, 09:36 AM
Thank you guys for all the informations, with regards to PL5 and Radio Mobile is this tools available in the forum?

astro

password : learning

You can find PL5 here:
http://www.finetopix.com/old-vip-stuff/6069-pathloss-version-5-last-maintenance-update-13.html

astro
2010-11-08, 07:02 PM
Hi The Link for the Pathloss 5 is not longer availbale, there other thread or post for Pathloss 5 can be download?

astro

freakturd06
2010-11-08, 07:31 PM
Hi The Link for the Pathloss 5 is not longer availbale, there other thread or post for Pathloss 5 can be download?

astro

There are other links for Pathloss 5 here. They are still working. Good luck bro.:D

bill
2011-01-02, 08:05 AM
thanks for all informations i am beginner

abhye_x
2011-03-21, 02:02 AM
There are other links for Pathloss 5 here. They are still working. Good luck bro.:D
Can i download from the link?? I am a new comer here