PDA

View Full Version : implementation of HSL

leelio
2010-11-04, 12:47 PM
currently in our 2g network we are suffering from high signalling link utilization,though we had upgrade c7 links(MTL) to max of 16 links (******** BSC2).We are now told to apply HSL, i wonder how this High speed link(HSL) works to clear the situation we are facing?

leelio
2010-11-08, 02:17 PM
currently in our 2g network we are suffering from high signalling link utilization,though we had upgrade c7 links(MTL) to max of 16 links (******** BSC2).We are now told to apply HSL, i wonder how this High speed link(HSL) works to clear the situation we are facing? nobody know about HSL?

s52d
2010-11-08, 02:54 PM
nobody know about HSL?

HSL: works.
Instead of 64kbit/sec SS7 links, you have 2 Mbit/sec (ah, just 30 TS, of course).
It is, in fact, SS7/ATM/E1.
You might need different HW to handle it, different SW optional features etc.

It is year 2010. So, if you are touching SS7, then go to SIGTRAN (Sick-tran).
Works. You just need more HW/SW etc, and more engineers to do the job.

On the other hand: 16 TS should be enough for well over 1000 TRXes on A interface.
Have you analyzed why you are congested?
Higher T3212 etc can have quite some impact.

BR
s52d

zhanglw268
2010-11-08, 07:10 PM
currently in our 2g network we are suffering from high signalling link utilization,though we had upgrade c7 links(MTL) to max of 16 links (******** BSC2).We are now told to apply HSL, i wonder how this High speed link(HSL) works to clear the situation we are facing?
Each C7 signaling link set is defined as maximum 16 links, as your network BSC has reached the maximum 16 links (MTLs), If it was identified as SS7/C7 signaling usage exceeded the limitation, the traffic is high for whatever reason, like too many paging messages, Location based service, inappropriate repeated paging, location update etc., the only way to tackle the bottlenech is use the HSP MTL feature, the HSP MTL feature allows you use 31 timeslots of the E1 to carry the SS7/C7, so this is equivalent to (16 + 15) your original MTLs, this almost double your current SS7/C7 capacity.

Hope the above helps.

leelio
2010-11-09, 03:43 PM
thanks zhanglw268 & s52d.