PDA

View Full Version : Decoder for UETR file

Yenthanh
2010-10-25, 07:11 PM
Hi,

Need HELP!

Does anybody had a decoder for UETR file generated from OSS WCDMA RAN PM? I had the Static apps before but it wasn't working.
Appreciate if someone give me an idea or much better if they can share to me their tool.

thanks

s52d
2010-10-26, 12:09 AM
Hi,

Need HELP!

Does anybody had a decoder for UETR file generated from OSS WCDMA RAN PM? I had the Static apps before but it wasn't working.
Appreciate if someone give me an idea or much better if they can share to me their tool.

thanks

I do it with same SW as GPEH, there are only minor differencies.

Anyhow, OSS can do it: if you can activate, you can parse as well.
In P7 (OSS 6.3 I guess) theny moved a bit menus in OSS.

BR
s52d

Yenthanh
2010-10-26, 10:39 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, this operator does not buy that feature in their OSS.
So, I am trying to find other alternative to decode/parse the recorded file as it was an urgent request to determine some issues raised by their subs.
I had tried to install that Static in a linux OS but encountered some events.pm error when decoding, thus it seems that the decoded file was incomplete.

Any other idea?
By the way, by doing the GPEH you mean you didn't encounter any error at all?

s52d
2010-10-27, 12:37 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately, this operator does not buy that feature in their OSS.
So, I am trying to find other alternative to decode/parse the recorded file as it was an urgent request to determine some issues raised by their subs.
I had tried to install that Static in a linux OS but encountered some events.pm error when decoding, thus it seems that the decoded file was incomplete.

Any other idea?
By the way, by doing the GPEH you mean you didn't encounter any error at all?

It is same file format, so once you have GPEH parser, it is easy to add UETR support as well.
Only few simple records are different.

I did it, alex docs are good enough. For binary protocol messages (asn.1 per) I use wireshark, patched to support GSM and UMTS protocols.
Code is rather simple - but unusable for general audience. Spagetti, tightly tied to our
naming conventions etc.

BR
s52d