PDA

View Full Version : Excellent guide to use TMA

Dj_ruud
2010-10-15, 10:45 PM
Hi all;

This is my first contribution in this forum, I hope you will find it very useful
NB: no password is required.

Dj_ruud
2010-10-15, 10:53 PM
If you find it useful don't forget to reply :D

electron
2010-10-17, 08:47 PM
Very useful document.

Could you please help for example in which situation of a cell we will recommend TMA ? (For Low SS UL some time drop is coming from in-building traffic . How we can be sure TMA is suitable or not?)

Thanks

tremalnike
2010-10-17, 09:36 PM
TMA is suitable in rural areas with low traffic. Where there are zones, away from sering cell , with low RxLevels but also low interference. I mean that other cells are far away. So TMA will help to reduce UL path-loss limitation in this zones and provide acceptable coverage in spite of low levels.

BR

hakimgsm
2010-10-17, 10:05 PM
Very useful document.
Many thanks.

Hi all;

This is my first contribution in this forum, I hope you will find it very useful
NB: no password is required.

2010-10-18, 05:06 AM
Thank you really its useful, also I attached document for TMB (DL Booster) from Comba-Telecom

Dj_ruud
2010-10-19, 12:39 AM
Hi electron,

As our friend tremalnike said, TMA is usually used in rural areas, however we can use it in urban areas to improve coverage for indoor(especially for some VIPs client, ) but high probability of increase in interference since those amplifiers amplify both voice & noise, you should be careful in this point, but sometimes you will be forced to do it.

Dj_ruud
2010-10-19, 12:49 AM
Just a suggestion:
If you want to know if it is switable to use TMA or not, you may check ICM band for cells covering this area, if it is clean then the risk is low and you may improve your indoor coverage without bad impact.

tremalnike
2010-10-19, 02:21 AM
Friends,
we use TMA from http://www.ibercom.net/images/pdfs/amplis1.pdf (http://www.ibercom.net/images/pdfs/amplis1.pdf)
This isn't Ad , only to collect info :)

BR

Nipon
2010-10-19, 02:13 PM
Hi all,
I am wondering can we use MCPA/booster together with TMA, I mean in live BTS have a eaxisting TMA, future would like to put MCPA to gain more DL signal. For sure in MCPA has a LNA inside. I just figure if I dont' want to replace TMA with MCPA on top of tower, but put MCPA at the BTS floor.