PDA

View Full Version : WCDMA Design Hadnbook by A. Richardson

rcon
2010-10-14, 09:36 PM
Here is the preview edition of this book from Google:

Complete 514 pages of ~600. Some pages are missing and the image quality is so-so, but still highly recommended for offline reading.

Some excerpts from Reader's Review:

"I picked up this book and started reading, and it was like all the missing pieces were found, and my understanding stood on a more solid ground. To give a few examples: the coverage of the following things in the second chapter were pivotal in plugging the gaps in my understanding.

- how to differtiate a UE in uplink as well as downlink
- principles of WCDMA physical layer - channelization & scrambling codes,soft handover,use of compressed mode & power management. These are known by any person who has a "more than casual" study of the UMTS access, but they were clearly marked as differtiators.
- Radio and data connections
- UMTS security architecture etc

What clinches the deal for me is Chapter 3 with its clear explanations of single user spreading code use, multi-user spreading code use (to mention a few) with clear diagrammatic illustrations.

The author has distilled years of experience in this book; any user who is suffciently experieced in wireless networks can pick this book up and glide across from beginning to end."

Please click Thanks and Reputation (approve) Button. :)

Eugene
2010-10-19, 12:56 PM

A. Richardson. WCDMA Design Handbook. (http://www.4shared.com/document/4szR4Cji/WDHB.html)

Complete 514 pages of ~600. Some pages missing, but still highly recommended for reading if you haven't enough money to get a paper copy.

"I picked up this book and started reading, and it was like all the missing pieces were found, and my understanding stood on a more solid ground. To give a few examples: the coverage of the following things in the second chapter were pivotal in plugging the gaps in my understanding.

- principles of WCDMA physical layer - channelization & scrambling codes,soft handover,use of compressed mode & power management. These are known by any person who has a "more than casual" study of the UMTS access, but they were clearly marked as differtiators.

What clinches the deal for me is Chapter 3 with its clear explanations of single user spreading code use, multi-user spreading code use (to mention a few) with clear diagrammatic illustrations.

The author has distilled years of experience in this book; any user who is suffciently experieced in wireless networks can pick this book up and glide across from beginning to end."

I tried to download the file in macintosh.
But the computer said "The file is damaged and can not open the file".
So, I copied it to Windows XP PC and I cannot open the file either.
Would you please check the file?

kamy
2010-10-19, 06:41 PM

A. Richardson. WCDMA Design Handbook. (http://www.4shared.com/document/4szR4Cji/WDHB.html)

Complete 514 pages of ~600. Some pages missing, but still highly recommended for reading if you haven't enough money to get a paper copy.

the link is nolonger exist, please reupload

rcon
2010-10-19, 07:05 PM
Reupped link:

WDHB.7z - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download (http://www.4shared.com/file/noldqlmU/WDHB.html)

Password is at the appropriate topic.

tester
2011-02-06, 10:36 PM
Has anyone full version of this book now?