PDA

View Full Version : EDGE capacity per cell

cocola
2010-10-14, 07:14 PM
Dear my Expert. Could any one plz explain me in this case :
- Cell A have 4 Timeslots of Edge ( 2 fix, 2 on demand).
1) if only one user in that cell use the data service, how many timeslot that subcriber will ocupy? And how many subcribers that 1 ts will carried ?
And how many subcribers that 4 ts will carried ?
2) The speed of Edge Time slot only 64kbps. So how can we reach the higher speed ?

Thanks & brgs.

mulham_kh
2010-10-14, 07:28 PM
1) if only one user in that cell use the data service, how many timeslot that subcriber will ocupy? And how many subcribers that 1 ts will carried ?
2) The speed of Edge Time slot only 64kbps. So how can we reach the higher speed ?

Thanks & brgs.

Hi
1- if there is only one user and his mobile support 4TS , so he will take the 4TS and the throughput theroticaly will be 64*4=256 Kbps, and the number of subscriber per TS is BSC level parameter and the default value is 2
Regards

RF engineer
2010-10-14, 08:21 PM

Thanks & brgs.

1-If you have traffic that user can use only 2 fix if not can use all four .
2-in Data you have multiplexing techniques which make 1 TS share with 8 in DL as i remember and in UL is 7.
3- you can not be specific about data for TS usage as in data is packet not as voice .
4- to get higher speed need to have good c/I
BR
RF

niddirun
2010-10-14, 10:02 PM
2, on demand +2 i think it's TCHs. If one user using only 1 TCHs, it's EDGE speed 16Kbit/s. To achieve higher speed we need as called EDAP(EDGE Dynamic Pool). Each EDGE TCHs using this pool. For EDAP we are giving 3TRXs for 1 E1 witch giving additionally for 1 master TCH additionally 386Kbit/s.

BR.

cocola
2010-10-15, 09:25 AM
Thanks for yours useful help.
Brgs.

cocola
2010-10-15, 09:30 AM
1-If you have traffic that user can use only 2 fix if not can use all four .
2-in Data you have multiplexing techniques which make 1 TS share with 8 in DL as i remember and in UL is 7.
3- you can not be specific about data for TS usage as in data is packet not as voice .
4- to get higher speed need to have good c/I
BR
RF

Our vendor is E*******. Could you please share me the docs for more details about this ? ( multiplexing techniques , speed need to have good c/I)
Thanks.

niddirun
2010-10-15, 04:33 PM
2, on demand +2 i think it's TCHs. If one user using only 1 TCHs, it's EDGE speed 16Kbit/s. To achieve higher speed we need as called EDAP(EDGE Dynamic Pool). Each EDGE TCHs using this pool. For EDAP we are giving 3TRXs for 1 E1 witch giving additionally for 1 master TCH additionally 386Kbit/s.

BR.

Example:
EDGE Abis.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download (http://www.4shared.com/file/TJ_F_91z/EDGE_Abis.html)

RF engineer
2010-10-16, 12:08 AM
Our vendor is E*******. Could you please share me the docs for more details about this ? ( multiplexing techniques , speed need to have good c/I)
Thanks.

oh sorry iam working on huawei .
BR
RF