PDA

View Full Version : Question M2000 (Creating object)

justdream
2010-10-13, 05:15 AM
Experts,
I would to know how to create an object in M2000 that contians some specific cells (represting for example VIP cluster)
the aim of creating this object is getting the KPI per object level not per cell level.

My cluster contains too many sites, so it is not logic to search for each setor by M2000 then add it one by one

In Siemens, there is a format you can fill with your cells then you can import all to the stats tool in one step..

is there a way to do that in M2000?

tester
2010-10-13, 01:18 PM
Try to use PRS (of course if it is installed):
Report > Performance Report > Object Group Management

justdream
2010-10-13, 07:14 PM
Try to use PRS (of course if it is installed):
Report > Performance Report > Object Group Management

Freind, I didn't find it
please advice :confused:

tester
2010-10-13, 08:13 PM
It means that PRS is not installed on this M2000 server.
There are two kinds of PRS installation
1. Integrated (PRS is installed on M2000 server)
2. Standalone (PRS is installed on separate server)
In any case it is necessary to have license for PRS:(

justdream
2010-10-15, 05:48 PM
It means that PRS is not installed on this M2000 server.
There are two kinds of PRS installation
1. Integrated (PRS is installed on M2000 server)
2. Standalone (PRS is installed on separate server)
In any case it is necessary to have license for PRS:(

so how to install PRS?
and what's PRS? and its main functions?

tester
2010-10-18, 05:56 PM
PRS - Performance Report System
Its main factions:

Extracting important data from original performance database periodically. The subsequent query is based on the new database to reduce the impact on the original performance database.
Aggregating performance data on time dimension and object dimension, and the aggregated data will be used upon querying.
Busy-Hour auto search. The data on busy hour can be stored separately for a longer time.
Different data storage retention for data on different dimension.
Providing built-in KPI report for major NE Types, such as MSCServer. User can also create own report.
For a KPI report, user can query result for all aggregation level.
Use can sort, filter, save the result and show data in chart.

For integrated installation - PRS is a part of M2000 (/opt/OMC/components/PRS/PRS.tar.gz)
In order to install PRS it is necessary to have root privileges on M2000 server. And as I wrote before you need license in order to use PRS.

roots
2010-10-29, 10:23 PM
Hi Friends

I'm facing approximately the same problem
I was able to create an object in
Performance>Performance Object Set Management but in Measurement Settings I cannot add this new object to the measurement object list :confused:
Is it due to license limitation ?

Thanks
BR

tester
2010-10-30, 03:01 AM
Unfortunately now I have not access to my M2000.
But it seems that this is limitation of your account.

tester
2010-11-01, 06:16 PM
My assumption was wrong.
This button is for "Type 3 objects". But I am not familiar with them.

Please check on-line help:
The object instances of type 3 objects have multiple restriction conditions, for example, the office destination of the MSC Server. You must set all the features or some features of type 3 objects, for example, the combination conditions of the MSC Server. You must set specific object features for type 3 objects. Then, the measurement is performed on the basic of the preset object features. The M2000 adds type 3 objects and then notifies NEs of the addition. NEs report the corresponding measurement results to the M2000.

gheeabby
2010-11-01, 09:26 PM
Be aware of the level of account first. Sometimes, option are not being displayed due to your account level access.

kaizzer545
2010-11-02, 12:33 AM
in my case, with available KPI's, I had create a specific template just for VIP's cells, even like "ROOTS" said, at measurement settings I see that you can turn on the KPI's for specific cell