PDA

View Full Version : KPI's Degradation on the Huawei 3900

alcatraz
2010-10-13, 12:14 AM
Hi,

these is a case that happens on the 3G network. Nobody knows why it happens but here is a way to fix it.

I hope is usefull.

Regards.

hendral
2010-10-13, 09:06 AM
Hi,

these is a case that happens on the 3G network. Nobody knows why it happens but here is a way to fix it.

I hope is usefull.

Regards.

I dont know why you put file like this one in attachment. It is very-very short (2 pages) and It has Only little bit information. If you want to get rep, thank and credit from other guys, Do not share file in attachment. I do not recommend to other guys to download attachment file.:L

alcatraz
2010-10-13, 09:15 AM
Well I put it on a file because it is a procedure and a real case. Too bad that you're worried for the size or form. Anyway the idea here is to help other people. I hope that the one who download it find it usefull.

How ever here it's a copy and paste for the ones that find so harmfull to dowload it.

BR.

General Information

Title

Full Degradation on the Node B Kpi’s

Information Type

Troubleshooting

Author

Fernando Diaz

Author Mail

Technology

3G CS y PS

Product

Node 3900

Problem Description

Problem Description

When the Node B has a good performance suddenly in all it’s sectors a complete degradation of the Kpi’s is showed.

Alarms/Events Presented
Periodical Alarms off:
RRU Tx Branch Switch Off
Tx Branch Switch On

KPI Affected

CS Accessibility %

PS Accessibility%

HSDPA Accessibility %

CS Drop %

PS Drop %

HSDPA Drop %

Active Set Update %

CS Outgoing iRAT %

Traffic (equiv. erl.)

Counters Affected

VS.RAB.Loss.CS.RF.RLCRst

VS.RAB.Loss.PS.Abnorm

VS.HSDPA.RAB.Loss.Abnorm.NonRF

VS.RRC.FailConnEstab.Cell

Cause Analysis

Unknown

Handling Process

The event alarmas are checked to see if there exists an unusual behavior on the Node. To see the alarms yo must go to the M2000 > Topology > Main Topology, locate the Node, right click on and select Query Alarm > Event Alarm. Here it must appear a periodical set of alarms of RRU Tx Branch Switch Off and On.

After identifying this issue the procedure is to manually reset the Node (RST NODEB), with this action the node gets fixed.

Suggestions/Comments

Check the RTWP Graphics, to see if it has high peaks similar to this case.

Check if there are a lot off RRC failures, a good part of them due to Registration.
Graphs/Attachments

< RTWP Graphics>

<Event Alarmas>

hendral
2010-10-13, 09:30 AM
Well I put it on a file because it is a procedure and a real case. Too bad that you're worried for the size or form. Anyway the idea here is to help other people. I hope that the one who download it find it usefull.

How ever here it's a copy and paste for the ones that find so harmfull to dowload it.

BR.

General Information

Title
Full Degradation on the Node B Kpi’s
Information Type
Troubleshooting
Author
Fernando Diaz
Author Mail

Technology
3G CS y PS
Product
Node 3900

Problem Description

Problem Description
When the Node B has a good performance suddenly in all it’s sectors a complete degradation of the Kpi’s is showed.
Alarms/Events Presented
Periodical Alarms off:
RRU Tx Branch Switch Off
Tx Branch Switch On

KPI Affected
CS Accessibility %
PS Accessibility%
HSDPA Accessibility %
CS Drop %
PS Drop %
HSDPA Drop %
Active Set Update %
CS Outgoing iRAT %
Traffic (equiv. erl.)
Counters Affected
VS.RAB.Loss.CS.RF.RLCRst
VS.RAB.Loss.PS.Abnorm
VS.HSDPA.RAB.Loss.Abnorm.NonRF
VS.RRC.FailConnEstab.Cell
Cause Analysis
Unknown
Handling Process
The event alarmas are checked to see if there exists an unusual behavior on the Node. To see the alarms yo must go to the M2000 > Topology > Main Topology, locate the Node, right click on and select Query Alarm > Event Alarm. Here it must appear a periodical set of alarms of RRU Tx Branch Switch Off and On.
After identifying this issue the procedure is to manually reset the Node (RST NODEB), with this action the node gets fixed.
Suggestions/Comments
Check the RTWP Graphics, to see if it has high peaks similar to this case.
Check if there are a lot off RRC failures, a good part of them due to Registration.
Graphs/Attachments

< RTWP Graphics>

<Event Alarmas>

If you want to help us, Pls you share it in web freely. You should not charge us five point credit.

nbonaguro-delted
2011-02-04, 03:57 AM
Is there any way you could share it for junior members?
Thanks in advance !

N.

kevin_h811
2011-02-04, 01:41 PM
Hi,

Can u plz share it on 4Shared?

Regards//