PDA

View Full Version : Huawei Softwares on Windows 7

yoronjo
2010-10-04, 12:34 AM
hi guys,

i have a laptop here running on windows 7.

i seriously don't want to downgrade to xp just to let the Huawei softwares such as

M2000
Nastar
GENEXProbe
Atoll/Unet

run on my computer.

Has anybody tried or experienced running these softwares on windows 7? are there workarounds? or do we have to stick with win XP?

I honestly think that the best wway to do this is just partition the harddrive and install xp on the other partition.

if there's any other way, please post :-)

warmeest regards, everyone,

yoronjo

loihut
2010-10-04, 02:42 AM
hi guys,

i have a laptop here running on windows 7.

i seriously don't want to downgrade to xp just to let the Huawei softwares such as

M2000
Nastar
GENEXProbe
Atoll/Unet

run on my computer.

Has anybody tried or experienced running these softwares on windows 7? are there workarounds? or do we have to stick with win XP?

I honestly think that the best wway to do this is just partition the harddrive and install xp on the other partition.

if there's any other way, please post :-)

warmeest regards, everyone,

yoronjo

M2000 run on Windows 7 is OK, You still normal install as on Win XP

yoronjo
2010-10-04, 11:44 AM
M2000 run on Windows 7 is OK, You still normal install as on Win XP

appreciate it man. just tried installing mapinfo 10, nastar atoll, and genex probes. everything was working well.

seems that w7 has no backwards compatability issues with xp as compared to vista. :)

hopefully everything will run well for the applications. best regards!

mimoX
2010-10-04, 01:29 PM
i had problem running huawei genex probe v2.2 on w7. it install ok but the window doesn't show up. when you check the task manager, the probe loaded and running. but everything running fine in windows XP. others no issues.

A1an
2010-10-04, 04:24 PM
I am having the same problem with Windows 7, if anyone has a solution I would really appreciate it.
Currently running GENEX on a seperate XP machine which is not ideal.

essalvador
2010-10-26, 03:19 AM
Genex probe does not work also on Win Vista, the process probe shown but no window ...

justdream
2010-10-26, 04:30 AM
I think you will get problem in running CM Express (SQL) on windows 7..

if not, please tell us :hug:

zlobster
2010-10-30, 03:55 AM
Heya all,

Did you try to run the executable (once installed as admin) in comparability mode?

Also, Win 7 Ultimate and some other versions have the so-called WinXP mode.

A run in a virtual machine should work, probably...

mobilis
2010-10-30, 03:17 PM
hi all
i have win7 and every thing work properly within.:p
1-Minimise the USER CONTROL to the smallest value .
2-try to set your software compatibility as windowsXPsp3 in the begining of instalation .
if the problem still exist :confused:you have to allow windows update in order to get more compatibility data .:time:

A1an
2010-11-02, 02:37 PM
I couldn't come right loading Assistant 2.2 on Windows 7 x64 so I loaded the optional "Windows XP Mode" Virtual machine and installed it there.
Everything seemed OK during installation, but it still doesn't work.
It loads the start up flash screen and doesn't go any further.
Could it be that it cannot see the license dongle from XP mode?

Is there anyway to use assistant without the license dongle?

abirofa2
2010-11-02, 03:01 PM
I used vmware for some applications that not supported on windows 7.

A1an
2010-11-02, 07:41 PM
I used vmware for some applications that not supported on windows 7.

VMWare is not free, which is why I have tried Windows Virtual Machine.

By the way it does see the license, but doesn't go past the flash screen when starting Assistant. Probe won't even install.

I have loaded VirtualBox today and will setup an XP box using that to see if it works. It would be so much easier if Huawei released a Windows 7 compatible version of Probe and Assistant. :-(

A1an
2010-11-03, 07:56 PM
VMWare is not free, which is why I have tried Windows Virtual Machine.

By the way it does see the license, but doesn't go past the flash screen when starting Assistant. Probe won't even install.

I have loaded VirtualBox today and will setup an XP box using that to see if it works. It would be so much easier if Huawei released a Windows 7 compatible version of Probe and Assistant. :-(

Using VirtualBox .... working like a charm.:)

yoronjo
2010-11-05, 11:35 AM
Using VirtualBox .... working like a charm.:)

Hi A1an,

you have to have a d-ngle in order to use Genex. :-)

i think the forums have d-ngle 3mulat0rs for Huawei Genex,

Things you need to run it:
1.) The 3mulator software
2.) The corresponding license for the software that you would want to use (different license files for Nastar, Genex, Unet)

Br//

callme_eez
2010-11-06, 07:44 PM
as far as i have done until now, i have no problem installing any Huawei and Drive test tool in my Windows 7 (32 bit).
1. Just minimized User Account Control Setting in Control Panel into "never notify" value.
2. Try not to install software in C: partition disk (where windows partition is located)
3. If I install in C: partition disk, I used "take ownership" to open all restricted folder, here i share "take ownership"
hope this will be useful :)

justdream
2010-11-06, 07:53 PM
Hi friends, what about CM Express with Windows 7, as far as I know (it's not working with W7)

right??

hoto
2010-11-08, 06:44 PM
thanks. good soft

A1an
2010-11-12, 05:37 PM
It seem 2.3 can use a soft license, but you need to have access to the Huawei systems to apply for the license based on your machines ESN code.
I have it installed, but now I need a license file that will work on my machine...... :(

abudabi
2011-05-02, 03:01 AM
For all who are concerned about using common programs on Win7, you could install VirtaulBox (free and open source virtualization software) after which you could instal Win XP and run it just like any other running process in windows (there you can have countless OSs in a single operating system without any collisions)running linux/solaris or any other OS is just like any other opened window..

cheers

loihut
2011-08-06, 12:48 AM
i had problem running huawei genex probe v2.2 on w7. it install ok but the window doesn't show up. when you check the task manager, the probe loaded and running. but everything running fine in windows XP. others no issues.

Probe V2R2 and V2R3C00 is not support for Windows 7, but V2R3C01 is supporting for Windows 7. You can see this information in file Help of Probe.

dgk82
2011-08-06, 07:34 PM
CM Express is working on windows 7, I'm using it

vns1_bk
2011-08-12, 04:07 PM
i installed genex assistant v2.3 success, but can not show it. please ask why.

justdream
2011-08-17, 04:42 AM
CM Express is working on windows 7, I'm using it

Dears, kindy support me urgently
when I tried to install CME over windows 7
I've started by installing (dotNet Framework 2.0) then I've get below snapshot error
then I discoved that my system alrady has (dotNet Framework 3.5.1)
so I've ignored below error and
started to install SQL but It didn't run properly
it was stopping as in below 2nd snapshot without any progress (I left it for more than 1 hour) and no change

Hint: (I've already SQL installed for Actix but using different INSTANCENAME)

Kindly advcie as installing CME over window 7 is urget issue
Thanks in advance