PDA

View Full Version : High PS Drop in E///

kamote0805
2010-10-01, 02:28 AM
Hi Experts,

Need you advise on how to solve high PS Drop in E///. Im having high pmnNoOfFailedAfterAdm, Exceed Conn Limit and with less Lack of UL HW.
Looking at the average no. of PS users it is very few.

Please need your help.What are the things that I need to look into.

Thanks!:)

onlygod
2010-10-02, 03:53 AM
Do you have 16kbps RAB enabled?
How many HS users per cell do you have? maxNumHsdpaUsers and hsdpaUsersAdm

Which version, P7FP?

kamote0805
2010-10-02, 04:10 PM
Hi OnlyGod,

Thanks for your reply.

hsdausersadm is 10 and maxhsuser is 16.

Can you tell me how to check if rab16 is enabled?is it on the RNC side or MSC side?

Thanks again!:)

kamote0805
2010-10-02, 04:11 PM
We are using RAN P7 and RNC3820.

onlygod
2010-10-06, 02:59 AM
16/HS RAB is UeRc 53.
You can check in Business Object statistics per UeRc, or even check traffic counters per cell for 16kbps RAB. Another way is to open RNC Element Manager and check under Licensing if UeRc 53 is enabled.

I am surprised you have Exceed Conn Limit. Are you using Dynamic Code Allocation, how many fixed HS codes per cell? Are your SF ADM parameters on UtranCell level correct, eg, not very low?

Failure after Adm - could be due to transport network.

One trick you can do is to decrease inactivitytimer from default 30 seconds, then you'll have less users on Common Channel, but also, your PS Drop Rate might decrease slightly, because the user stays on Common for a shorter time, so less likely to catch the System release, while on the other hand, your number of Normal releases should increase due to more switching between Common and Idle and back. :)

tsiz
2010-10-17, 12:34 PM
16/HS RAB is UeRc 53.
You can check in Business Object statistics per UeRc, or even check traffic counters per cell for 16kbps RAB. Another way is to open RNC Element Manager and check under Licensing if UeRc 53 is enabled.

I am surprised you have Exceed Conn Limit. Are you using Dynamic Code Allocation, how many fixed HS codes per cell? Are your SF ADM parameters on UtranCell level correct, eg, not very low?

Failure after Adm - could be due to transport network.

One trick you can do is to decrease inactivitytimer from default 30 seconds, then you'll have less users on Common Channel, but also, your PS Drop Rate might decrease slightly, because the user stays on Common for a shorter time, so less likely to catch the System release, while on the other hand, your number of Normal releases should increase due to more switching between Common and Idle and back. :)

Failures after admission is due to transport network. Check your aal2 parameters and the Virtual Channels(VC) configurations for ClassB_C_D. Most likely you have to increase the current allocation for ClassB_C_D.