PDA

View Full Version : E******* GPEH missing data

danikd
2010-09-28, 05:27 PM
Dear colleagues,

I'm trying to investigate some issues related to Iub load for E******* WCDMA network.
According to E******* documentation (P7.1) there is RNC internal event 451 (Resource monitor) which should provide a lot of valuable information. The most interesting piece of information for my research is IUB_Throughput DL/UL (DL_TN_IUB_USAGE/UL_TN_IUB_USAGE).

For some reason, those fields in event 451 are empty, while according to documentation the should contain data throughput for specific Iub for last 2 seconds.
The regular Iub performance counters have no required resolution (only 15 minutes)

I'm looking for more reliable representation of data throughput over the time.

Waiting for your help.

iainm1979
2010-10-10, 05:11 AM
I think you want 441 (INTERNAL_PACKET_DEDICATED_THROUGHPUT). Not 451.
Per my other post this info is available in the Arieso product.

danikd
2010-10-10, 06:33 PM
I think you want 441 (INTERNAL_PACKET_DEDICATED_THROUGHPUT). Not 451.
Per my other post this info is available in the Arieso product.

I would like to clarify, event 441 is a DEDICATED_THROUGHPUT i.e. throughput per sessions (connection), but what I'm referring is a throughput for NodeB on Iub interface for all connections at once.
Event 451 should give an answer for this , but for some reason the required fields (defined in documentation) are empty!!!!

Do you know any other methods to monitor Iub load?

iainm1979
2010-10-10, 09:45 PM
I wonder the reason why you're not seeing any content in the message is because it requires WMRR to be enabled.

WMRR measurements are periodic (every 2 secs) and there are some event contents I know of e.g. UETx Pwr in eventID=8 that are only recorded when WMRR is turned on. This might explain it but I don't know.

danikd
2010-10-11, 02:39 AM
I wonder the reason why you're not seeing any content in the message is because it requires WMRR to be enabled.

WMRR measurements are periodic (every 2 secs) and there are some event contents I know of e.g. UETx Pwr in eventID=8 that are only recorded when WMRR is turned on. This might explain it but I don't know.

To be precise, majority of the message content exists. Same for other messages.
But especially for event 451, where the Iub throughput should be reported, the relevant fields are empty (rest of fields in this message are ok).

Periodical measurement reports (RES) should not affect RNC/Iub resources events message content. But anyway RES (WMRR) is active and RRC measurement reports are arriving with all relevant content including Ue Tx Power.

My concerns mainly about Event 451. Any idea?