PDA

View Full Version : Why swap vendors

Tomas Delgado
2010-09-12, 10:21 AM
Why operators are swaping equipment, sometimes from e******* to huawei sometimes from nsn to huawei and viceversa

kamy
2010-09-12, 10:28 AM
private policy and private benefits and some un_indentified reasons

coursekec
2010-09-12, 02:57 PM
Primay reason being the cost...Vendors like ZTE and Huwaei are far cheaper compared to E// or NSN....The support that chinese vendors provide is also very good and efficient....

cdmauser
2010-09-12, 11:01 PM
Well, Chinese vendors do not work in the same environment like Western vendors.

Chinese companies are partly or fully government owned with unlimited credit options from Chinese banks (owned by the same government). The owner is not very interested in the profit but rather in the growth of the company.

Although the Western vendors are private companies with their stocks on the stock market. Most of the stocks are owned by pension funds or private investors that is why the owners are very much interested in the yearly dividents.

So if the mobile operator is trying to choose the cheapest vendor (and they are trying to do it because nobody cares any more about the KPIs) then that vendor will get the contract that is the cheapest. And that vendor can be the cheapest that has got smaler profit margin (as I know H**** has got 1-2%).

RF Engr
2010-09-29, 09:44 PM
Mainly due to cost reduction, as currently market is very competitive for operators and they are cutting down call charges etc and also maintainance cost is increasing so they look for vendors with lower costs.

mimoX
2010-09-29, 10:03 PM
mainly because of cost and maintenance support. instead of depending on 1 vendor support, you can have multiple support and sometime you can have various solution from various vendor attending same problems.

scorpion
2010-09-30, 01:11 AM
Simple....cost....

One vendor from Europe charges... 100 $ and managment service of 15% per month...

Well the chinees vendor offers the same+2 years additional support for just 60$...with whom u will go ?

justdream
2010-12-01, 06:09 PM
Friends, can Ia sk new Question regardign the same topic
How SWAP vendors (please need doc or idea about how to SWAP vendors?)

I don't have experience upon that and I see some opportunities around for SWAP projects..
:hug:

leelio
2010-12-01, 07:35 PM
to me this is a political issue! if it was a cost cutting issue i think we will all go for huawei. Similar, if its a quality issue we would go for erickson,etc.
But as said by Kami, there are private benefits to those who make those decisions (commission & 10%) and other private reasons/policy..
We are swapping vendors in our network, ******** to nsn (bss), is true.