PDA

View Full Version : Question reasons for handover failure

Tameem
2010-09-08, 03:01 PM
can any ony one tell me the reasons for HO failure.besides faulty hardware.
how can we find out if HO is failed due to congestion.can we analyze it through layer 3 messages

PaleNxtTel
2010-09-08, 04:22 PM
it could be due to congestion or interferance. and yes you can analyze it through layer 3 messages.

how can we find out if HO is failed due to congestion.can we analyze it through layer 3 messages

intros
2010-09-08, 08:04 PM
or it could be related to missing neighbour...you can find them if using Tems or nemo with a corect setted workspace...

coursekec
2010-09-08, 09:19 PM
Invariably, this is caused due to a missing neighbour...Analysis through Mapinfo is also helpful along with the OMC data...Also look at your handover parameters, CRO settings, in your OMC...

siankirene
2010-09-08, 10:02 PM
hi tameen,
you can analyze it through layer 3 messages (see request event).
- make sure that no miss relations in layer 1~2 and check site overshooting
- find out the status of target HO (congestion or not)
- check parameter and priority HO.
- check site position (rural/urban/suburban...etc),obstacle, and distance between source and target HO.

Btw, this for 2g or 3g?

Ty

electron
2010-09-09, 12:31 AM
It can be due to bad frequency and BSIC planning (BSIC confusion)

arban
2010-09-09, 01:02 AM
one of the reason you can check is neighbour setting. That's always happen to me.

siankirene
2010-09-09, 03:59 AM
open this thread...

http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?t=4184&highlight=congestion&page=3

mojiiiiii
2010-09-09, 09:26 AM
checl co-BSIC and CO-BCCH and layer 3 mesages

stream19
2010-09-09, 09:40 AM
is not due to missing neighbor (we have HO in the cell already defined as neighbor)

Tameem
2010-09-09, 04:13 PM
actually i am trying to analyze it through tems .i just wanna confirm can we tell the reason of HO failure by analyzing layer 2 and layer 3 messages.if yes then what measurement report we need to analyze

nevy_14
2010-09-10, 11:54 PM
actually i am trying to analyze it through tems .i just wanna confirm can we tell the reason of HO failure by analyzing layer 2 and layer 3 messages.if yes then what measurement report we need to analyze

hi there,

assuming it's a GSM network...
you should find for neighbour relation in SI 5/SI 5ter
in case you want to analyze the caused of your HO, you can check the signaling before HO takes place and after HO takes place..(i forgot the SI whichcontain the quality of the channel, maybe someone can add this one)
CMIIW

BR,
nevy_14

rishi
2011-01-11, 06:16 AM
it is due to intereference,high sd blocks and incorrect channel allocations to a nieghbouring cell.

it cant be because of missing nieghbours