PDA

View Full Version : HS-SCCH Improvement

TZUN TZU
2010-09-08, 06:29 AM
Hi All,

Does anybody have any strategies for improving HS-SCCH decode rates?

We have already increased codes, anybody have any idea's on increasing power other than the obvious of taking a hit on pdsch power availability.

Thanks in Advance

gprastomo
2010-09-08, 12:11 PM
Hi,

HS SCCH Code is used for Code Multiplexing, its better to use > 1 Code for 10-15 COde HSDPA for user throughput experience. And of course you can manage HS SCCH power also to improve the performance

br

TZUN TZU
2010-09-09, 01:28 AM
Just found this.........

The 3GPP specifications do not explicitly specify any power control mechanism for the
HS-SCCH. HS-SCCH power control can be based on the following inputs:
1. Associated DPCCH power controlco mmands – HS-SCCH transmit power is adjusted
relative to the transmit power of the associated downlink DPCCH. This is possible
because the DPCCH is subject to closed loop power control, and the power offset
between the HS-SCCH and the DPCCH can be set assuming a priori knowledge of the
relative SINR performance between the two channels.

Can anybody offer the name of the DPCCH, and maybe the name of a parameter that will relate.

TZUN TZU
2010-09-09, 06:21 PM
Come on guys, I know that its a little outside the normal postings but somebody must have some idea's, even if no definitive answers lets have a discussion.

Tomas Delgado
2010-09-24, 06:09 AM
Hi mate, as far as i know the more you have HSSCCH the more HSPDSCH you can multiplex. If you use 4 HSSCCH you have less users than when you use 2 HSSCCH. I dont get you point.

Opt-Mj
2011-02-21, 11:41 PM
I have recently experienced transmission limitations for E/// equipment have an impact on HS-SCCH decode success rate. This issue was experience in good RF conditions.

twenty8
2011-08-26, 05:46 PM
hi,
did you manage to get any SCCH Decode success rate after improving the transmission , and by transmission did you mean Iub ? Any other option on what could be the reason for poor SCCH Decode success rate in your network ?

boring
2011-08-26, 10:00 PM
When you say "HS-SCCH decode rate" you mean that currently you think success rate in decoding the HS-SCCH is low (e.g. 80%) and you would like to increase it. correct?

DPCCH: dedicated physical control channel

one possible implementation of HS-SCCH power control is basically to follow DL DPCCH (which is fast closed-loop power controlled) but everything depends on the vendor. so it would help to say which vendor you are using