PDA

View Full Version : How to implement 2nd carrier with HSDPA dedicated carrier

josef
2010-08-28, 02:58 PM
Dear all,

Someone has experience on implementing 2nd carrier with HSDPA dedicated carrier on NSN equipment.

One colleagues told me that it's impossible to block voice over the dedicated carrier for hsdpa. Is it true?

Anywhy, please share with us your experience on implementing HSDPA dedicated carrier :)

Thanks in advance for all the persons that will participate to this discussion.

Rep & Thks are guaranteed

Josef

josef
2010-09-01, 09:01 PM
Guys,

I'm waiting for your answers ;)

Please be more reactive.

Thanks

Josef

elkador
2010-09-02, 02:16 PM
True, in that particular sense : HSPA need to have basic R99 control channels in the background. For what I understand, a user idle on your HSPA only frequency (f2) will at one time try to establish a voice call.
The mecanism is then to push the user on the shared frequency (f1), but if it fails, there is no way to forbid the call to be made on f2.

Anyway, are you really sure to have enough Aircard users to fill a HSPA only freq?:)

elkador
2010-09-02, 02:28 PM
Just forgot to mention, maybe the assumption should be understood differently : it won't be wise to put a dedicated HSPA carrier.

All smartphones camping on it would be able to do data only, and will do some serious HO to f1 when trying a voice call. Not the best thing you wish for your network performance...

Obviously it doesn't apply if your carrier is willing to dedicated some bandwidth to Aircard users only.

sonar_bangla
2010-09-02, 03:59 PM
I dont know it is impossible or not, but in HUAWEI system you can make priority over voice call in f2. the algorithm is like that: HSDPA will establish in f1 and DRD will switch to f2 (blind HO from f1 to f2) for HSDPA. untill x% congestion on f1, voice, R99 will not HO to f2. ho will perform to GSM. i made f2 only for HSDPA & HSUPA.

if you want i can share the scrpt for modification in HUAWEI system and u can check out with NSN parameter.
for that PM me.

BR>.

josef
2010-09-02, 06:05 PM
I dont know it is impossible or not, but in HUAWEI system you can make priority over voice call in f2. the algorithm is like that: HSDPA will establish in f1 and DRD will switch to f2 (blind HO from f1 to f2) for HSDPA. untill x% congestion on f1, voice, R99 will not HO to f2. ho will perform to GSM. i made f2 only for HSDPA & HSUPA.

if you want i can share the scrpt for modification in HUAWEI system and u can check out with NSN parameter.
for that PM me.

BR>.

Thanks for your answer. Can you share with us the script for modification and related parameters. But can you aslo explain more your strategy, it is not so clear for me ;)

Br
Josef

rsv12
2010-09-07, 03:28 PM
I guess you can try to activate the features :
Directed RRC connection setup for HSDPA layer &
RAN1011: HSPA Layering for UEs in Common Channels.

They can help you to direct the UE to the right layer. Non HSDPA UE (Rel.99) to non HSDPA layer, HSDPA UE (Rel.5) to HSDPA layer, HSPA UE (Rel.6 ) to HSPA layer.

blackantt
2010-09-07, 04:48 PM
the process to open 2nd carrier for nsn 3g

cococrunch
2010-09-07, 07:02 PM
the process to open 2nd carrier for nsn 3g

Hi Friend,

Do you have something in English? Thanks..

RandomDude
2010-09-07, 09:58 PM
I can't speak for NSN Networks, but in E/// RNC's we have the following attributes for a Utrancell:

accessClassesBarredCs
Specifies which access classes are barred for the CS domain for the feature Domain Specific Access Class Barring.

accessClassesBarredPs
Specifies which access classes are barred for the PS domain for the feature Domain Specific Access Class Barring.

This Class refers to Category 5, 6 etc.

By barring these devices from the Cs domain, you can prevent calls being made on that particular cell or carrier. I don't know if blocked devices can reattempt the Cs call on another carrier though.

We use these to stop traffic on a cell, while we read the CPICH power levels on live sites. The CPICH is still transmitted during the barring.

TZUN TZU
2010-09-08, 06:08 AM
I would suggest using qoffsetsn2 to ensure ue's are camped on your coverage layer, and then use (Not sure what the NSN version is...) But E\\\ use coverage relation.

Multirabs will still set up on the capacity layer though

dk2000
2010-09-13, 12:33 PM

for that PM me.

BR>.
Hi sonar_bangla,

Can you share the script that use for Huawei.
Thanks for alot!

gprastomo
2010-09-13, 04:24 PM
Hi,

I use F2 dedicated for HSDPA, and F1 for CS and R99.
For Idle mode, Ue will monitor only F1 then dedicated HSDPA will move to F2. Then if there is multicall HSPA+voice so it will keep on F2.
There are some feature to be activated, especially for HSDPALAYERING

br

Dear all,

Someone has experience on implementing 2nd carrier with HSDPA dedicated carrier on NSN equipment.

One colleagues told me that it's impossible to block voice over the dedicated carrier for hsdpa. Is it true?

Anywhy, please share with us your experience on implementing HSDPA dedicated carrier :)

Thanks in advance for all the persons that will participate to this discussion.

Rep & Thks are guaranteed

Josef

Sinhmot
2010-09-24, 11:23 PM

for that PM me.

BR>.

Could you plz send script to me? It is so useful to test my system. my email is soccervn@gmail.com. Thks alot.

Kitachi
2010-09-27, 11:42 AM

for that PM me.

BR>.
Hi friend,
Could u please share the script for me through email petrolike@yahoo.com.
Many thanks.

salamanda1969
2010-10-12, 09:46 PM
Hello Josef,

Sharing what is implemented in our network. Assuming u hv 2 or more carriers (F2,F3), MS will camp on F1. When MS initiate a call (PS, CS or HSDPA), the RNC will redirect call to F1 or F2 or F3, using the Directed RRC for HSDPA feature/parameters.
We do not block out CS calls completely on F2 or F3, rather we distribute the CS & PS calls between F1 and higher carriers using HSDPA weighting parameters. Generally, F1 will carry mostly CS and 30% HSDPA calls. Higher carriers will carry 70% HSDPA and some CS.
This is the big picture.

alcatraz
2010-10-12, 11:24 PM
Hi Sonar Bangla,

Can you share with me the Script.

Can you send it to alca2099@gmail.com

Thanks a lot for your information.