PDA

View Full Version : Drive test

radio_network
2010-08-26, 12:20 AM
1. Statistics are good. During drive level is good (in car drive without external antenna), no call drop ,quality(Rxqual) is bad in some places and poor coverage inside the building. Often FER is also showing worst.

2. In some cells we are getting frequent out of coverage announcement messages .

Suggestions please

captain_jejemon
2010-08-26, 10:54 AM
hi can you upload your dt logs?

mail2paturi
2010-08-26, 02:31 PM
Hi,
Jst check out whether the sites has been configured properly in Both Bsc end and Msc end.
Parameters like lac should be defined same in both the areas............

syeddawer
2010-08-26, 06:59 PM
i think its a classic poor coverage issue. You can do the following,

- Check from the radio planning tool, what kind of coverage is provided by the network in the given area. If it is already a low coverage area, then there's not much you can do about it. Car losses are ~7-8dB if im not wrong, while indoor losses are aroun ~10dB. So expect your coverage to be poorer while indoor.

- You can play with tilts, although i dont recommend to use them aggressively. tilts that is. :)

- propose IBS if its a hotspot area.

- FER/Qual is bound to be worse at poor coverage areas, so i am assuming that your frequency plan is OK. however, re-checking it might be helpful.

- Check adjacencies, if the call is being handed over to a distant illogical cell, you might have to retune adjacencies.

- use most robust AMR codec at poor areas. tune it to be a bit aggresive.

- you can shift traffic from DCS (assuming DCS is serving) to GSM by playing with NBL and traffic handling parameters.

Hope it helps.

BR.
D

Tameem
2010-08-26, 07:53 PM
you may get this due to bcch clashes...when ever you this message lock the stragestr bcch and do the drive in the same patch...if ur not getting the message check the adjacent frequencis...if ur still getting the message check for co bcch and check the power level...

radio_network
2010-08-26, 11:49 PM
LAC are the same. Statisitcs are reflecting good network condition.
What about use most robust AMR codec at poor areas. tune it to be a bit aggresive. CAn u explain in detail.
Further for poor quality on hopping what will be the probables to improvethe situation. MAIO change . i.e HO control or Power control any ideas pl.