PDA

View Full Version : link budget

radio_network
2010-08-25, 11:58 PM
1. link budget
really what's the use of Link budget.
To calculate Pathloss and cell radius . But the variable factor in link budget downlink calculation is only BTS power.Any explanation please.

2. Planning tool
Actually we are using planning tool and doing site planning i.e hieght, orientation and estimating site coverage.
In field this is not the same as we planned and there is much deviation (example Poor indoor coverage) DO how much we can believe in the propogation result of planning tool.
I.e Planning tool does not take into account of Reflections and refractions.
pl any suggestions.

mimoX
2010-08-26, 10:56 AM
you are referring to which technology?? GSM, UMTS, WiMAX?
generally for link budget calculation, frequency+technology+eirp+clutter type+propagation model used are the main criteria for calculation of coverage area (predict) . the sensitivity of receiving device shall take into account as well.

for good prediction (planning tool), u need to tune the propagation model use.
you can drive around collecting data for tuning your model. for extra accuracy, 3D clutter should be use to predict indoor penetration. resolution of your map data must be taken into account as well for accuracy.

radio_network
2010-08-26, 11:45 PM
Thanks for the reply.
Link budget for GSM and further i m using Atoll. Can u explain more on 3d clutter pl.

striker
2010-08-26, 11:49 PM
Thanks for the reply.
Link budget for GSM and further i m using Atoll. Can u explain more on 3d clutter pl.

anybody here has link budget for GSM?

radio_network
2010-08-27, 12:37 AM
link budget excel file

striker
2010-08-27, 12:40 AM
link budget excel file

do you have for 900 and 1800?

mimoX
2010-08-27, 12:13 PM
i upload some sample of 3D clutter (KMZ) and indoor prediction using the 3D clutter. download here (http://www.4shared.com/file/zowCq-LE/Sample_3d_clutterindoor_predic.html)

hnil
2011-06-02, 11:31 AM
i upload some sample of 3D clutter (KMZ) and indoor prediction using the 3D clutter. download here (http://www.4shared.com/file/zowCq-LE/Sample_3d_clutterindoor_predic.html)
Hi guy.
Link is not valid now, could you send to my e-mail: ghostmasterdt10@gmail.com
Thanks for sharing

ritgail
2011-06-02, 02:07 PM
1. link budget
really what's the use of Link budget.
To calculate Pathloss and cell radius . But the variable factor in link budget downlink calculation is only BTS power.Any explanation please.

2. Planning tool
Actually we are using planning tool and doing site planning i.e hieght, orientation and estimating site coverage.
In field this is not the same as we planned and there is much deviation (example Poor indoor coverage) DO how much we can believe in the propogation result of planning tool.
I.e Planning tool does not take into account of Reflections and refractions.
pl any suggestions.

1. As answered the link budget is calculation of almost all that is from the TRX to antenna unless it reaches MS---downlink budget
similarly from MS to TRX through Free space, fading,antenna,feeder,duplexer,connector...if you need book just request..

2. For these type of problem, you need to tune your propagation model before planning...I also suggest you cross check the actual antenna height with the planned data...their may be difference..

kevin_h811
2011-06-20, 09:12 AM
Hi MIMOX,

Can you pls re-upload in 4SHARED.

Regards//