PDA

View Full Version : Calculate half rate & full rate.

jitendra1020
2010-08-22, 11:11 AM
Hi all,
How to calculate Half rate & Full rate in a site.What should be basic thing reqd for setting parameter in a site for e******* 2g system?

Just example given below

Suppose i have a site having 4,4,4 configration & utilization is 150,90 & 200.So what should be DTHAMR,DTHNAMR,DMTHAMR & DMTHNAMR???

trungvq
2010-08-23, 09:26 PM
Hi all,
How to calculate Half rate & Full rate in a site.What should be basic thing reqd for setting parameter in a site for e******* 2g system?

Just example given below

Suppose i have a site having 4,4,4 configration & utilization is 150,90 & 200.So what should be DTHAMR,DTHNAMR,DMTHAMR & DMTHNAMR???

Hi!
In Er******* System have feature Dyamic HR. You can used this feature.

jitendra1020
2010-08-24, 01:33 AM
But how i put value of them?

trungvq
2010-08-27, 02:03 PM
But how i put value of them?

Hi!
You could Turn On: DHA, DMSUPP, DMQB, DMQG
and DMTHAMR, DMTHNAMR, DMTFAMR, DMTFNAMR set value different 100. You can try some value and chose best value for your Network.

Thank.

jitendra1020
2010-09-03, 11:08 AM
That's my question, how i know which valuse is best for my network.

atrdamscj
2010-09-03, 12:31 PM
That's my question, how i know which valuse is best for my network.

i think that according to erlang B table you could find which is the right value to set for the TCH HR in a cell, i mean for instance if the trafic in the cell is 20 Erlang and you have 20 TS for TCH in a this cell, but according to Erlang B table you need 30 TS to carry all this traffic, so you should set the percentage of HR at 50% means that after 50 percent of TCH FR is occupied start the conversion to HR.

wish i understand your question, and my answer will help, sorry for my english.
BR

mp9413
2010-09-04, 07:46 PM
Hi,

You should ask the following questions:

1. What is the target congestion rate?
2. What is the allowed half-rate erlang per cell?
3. No of TRU of the cell also affect the half-rate settings.

To simplify the tuning process, assume we don't have AMR and you don't want to play around quality factor, then we only need to deal with dthnamr and dmthnamr.

If congestion rate is your objective of optimization, then set the dthnamr and dmthnamr to higher value (e.g. 50/30).

However, the half-rate erlang would be high if dthnamr and dmthnamr are set to high value. So you should play round the setting with different cells with different loading and TRU configuration.

As a rule of thumb:

1. lower TRU per cell should have higher dthnamr/dmthnamr.
2. dthnamr >= dmthnamr

There is no absolute rule. Test to the optimial settings for your network.

jitendra1020
2010-09-05, 01:06 AM
Thanks for ur input but in my network AMR-MS penetration is 98% .
So i will change only dthmar&dmthamr.