PDA

View Full Version : Data Testing

cecupa
2010-08-13, 08:34 AM
Could we discuss with ideas of how to thes the HSDPA-WCDMA data, how to use the datacards to do it??, which DC works with Investigation??, what are the values to show on a report??

if anybody have examples of 3G Postproccess for Data evaluation please share..!

thanks in advance

Rooster[BG]
2010-08-13, 04:49 PM
Most Data Cards with Qualcomm chipset work with TEMS Investigation.
Depending on your project requirements, different tests are possible and from there - different report.

Search the forum for sample reports.

cecupa
2010-08-13, 11:27 PM
well, from my experience there are some datacards (qualcomm chipset) that are not detected by TI, and others that are detected but the problems appears when you start the data conection with mobile partner, TI doesnt detect it! it doesnt say that the data conection was stablished.

Rooster[BG]
2010-08-15, 08:05 PM
Hi,

TEMS can't connect the MS device (DC is connected) if you have other application that uses this device. Mobile Partner for Huawei and Vodafone software for Vodafone devices (with Qualcomm chipset).

For connectible datacards in TEMS, I can confirm the following models:
Huawei E180, E220, E630 (USB Stick) and E881E (PCI Ex).

well, from my experience there are some datacards (qualcomm chipset) that are not detected by TI, and others that are detected but the problems appears when you start the data conection with mobile partner, TI doesnt detect it! it doesnt say that the data conection was stablished.

kamy
2010-08-15, 08:18 PM
;95823']Most Data Cards with Qualcomm chipset work with TEMS Investigation.
Depending on your project requirements, different tests are possible and from there - different report.

Search the forum for sample reports.

for sierra wireless data card, nemo is working better than tems

cecupa
2010-08-18, 12:32 PM
Thanks Rooster, so how can I test the data if i couldnt connect it with mobile partner??

Rooster[BG]
2010-08-19, 04:19 AM
No problem.

You need to create (if not created automatically) "Dial-Up Connection" with your DC device. After that just put this dial-up in TEMS Command Sequence.

Thanks Rooster, so how can I test the data if i couldnt connect it with mobile partner??

isha
2010-08-19, 02:38 PM
then how do we give the APN of the data connection
pls advice
thanks

;96520']No problem.

You need to create (if not created automatically) "Dial-Up Connection" with your DC device. After that just put this dial-up in TEMS Command Sequence.

tremalnike
2010-08-19, 07:11 PM
In most cases you can do it trough PCMCAmodem/USBmodem client software or if you use phone - in phone menu.

Other way is in windows --> Device manager --> Modems --> "YourModem" --> Advanced

Add in "extra settings" :
at+cgdcont=1,"IP","apn here"

Check this http://www.datalinx.co.za/PDF/GPRS%20Modem%20Setup%20Document.pdf

Rooster[BG]
2010-08-19, 07:51 PM
In some cases if you add APN the Dial-Up doesn't work. At least that is what happened to me.

It is possible to add AT commands from TEMS but I didn't test it.

In most cases you can do it trough PCMCAmodem/USBmodem client software or if you use phone - in phone menu.

Other way is in windows --> Device manager --> Modems --> "YourModem" --> Advanced

Add in "extra settings" :
at+cgdcont=1,"IP","apn here"

Check this http://www.datalinx.co.za/PDF/GPRS%20Modem%20Setup%20Document.pdf

tremalnike
2010-08-20, 04:47 AM
Stabilni ste mnogo :)