PDA

View Full Version : import logfiles to mapinfo

husseinmanaf
2010-08-06, 03:37 PM
Hi all
please how can i import logfiles (tems investigation files) to mapinfo anyone can teach me plz i'am new in mapinfo :confused:.thank's
BR

telwind
2010-08-06, 03:52 PM
first export TI file to text file, then import that text file to MI.

I dont think MI can import TI log directly.

ching2-o
2010-08-06, 03:54 PM
Hi all
please how can i import logfiles (tems investigation files) to mapinfo anyone can teach me plz i'am new in mapinfo :confused:.thank's
BR

you can export your log file to txt/excel file, then open it to mapinfo..open with file type delimited ASCII/xls (Mapinfo 10.5 supports xlsx also)..After that, go to Table --> Create points.. You should put x and y as your long and lat respectively..you created a dots of your log files
in order to follow also the color legend or the rxlev etc, you can create your thematic map ( Map --> Create Thematic Map) and select from your table which (rxlev etc) will follow the legend.

hope it helps

tpkj
2010-08-06, 03:56 PM
Or, you can use A_c_t_i_x for opening log files. Then you can export what you see on the screen to mapinfo files. You will have already Mapinfo .tab files.

nevy_14
2010-08-06, 04:33 PM
Or, you can use A_c_t_i_x for opening log files. Then you can export what you see on the screen to mapinfo files. You will have already Mapinfo .tab files.

hi tpkj,

is it possible to export from Actix map into Mapinfo files??cmiiw..

telwind
2010-08-06, 04:52 PM
hi tpkj,

it is possible.
TI also is possible to export to mapinfo format (mi/tab)

tpkj
2010-08-06, 07:47 PM
hi tpkj,

Yes, you should go to layer control, then export one by one.

nevy_14
2010-08-06, 08:14 PM
Yes, you should go to layer control, then export one by one.

thank you...never realized it..:)