PDA

View Full Version : Request - What is HSDPA Successful Rate?

cdmahn
2010-08-04, 02:03 PM
Hi,

In T-mobile (and E*******)'s UMTS Network KPI, the definition of HSDPA Access Failure Rate (Drive Test) is:

HSDPA Access Failure Rate = [1 - (No_Activate PDP Context Accept of HSDPA Sessions)/(No_RRC Connection Request of HSDPA Sessions)] x 100%. It is the same as the definition of R99 PSD Access Failure rate, except that the sessions are HSDPA.

However, in Nokia-Siemens KPI, HSDPA Setup Success Rate is the ratio between successfully selected HSDPA compared to the number HSDPA attempts. The successful selected HSDPA is defined between Radio Bearer reconfiguration messages (where UE is commanded to HSDPA). The corresponding attempt is submission of the UL-DCCH Measurement report (e4A) message.

So, my question is what is the right definition and how to get this paramter from TEMS and Actix?

Thanks in advance

cdmahn
2010-08-04, 02:10 PM
Another request, could you pls give the HSDPA flow to clarify the definition?

kamy
2010-08-04, 03:55 PM
Hi,

In T-mobile (and E*******)'s UMTS Network KPI, the definition of HSDPA Access Failure Rate (Drive Test) is:

HSDPA Access Failure Rate = [1 - (No_Activate PDP Context Accept of HSDPA Sessions)/(No_RRC Connection Request of HSDPA Sessions)] x 100%. It is the same as the definition of R99 PSD Access Failure rate, except that the sessions are HSDPA.

However, in Nokia-Siemens KPI, HSDPA Setup Success Rate is the ratio between successfully selected HSDPA compared to the number HSDPA attempts. The successful selected HSDPA is defined between Radio Bearer reconfiguration messages (where UE is commanded to HSDPA). The corresponding attempt is submission of the UL-DCCH Measurement report (e4A) message.

So, my question is what is the right definition and how to get this paramter from TEMS and Actix?

Thanks in advance

both definitions are correct in their context. for actix you can use bin querry function and filter the Radio Bearer reconfiguration messages. it is quite simple. you also make a xml query form and import as a function when you create repository or network image

cdmahn
2010-08-05, 01:53 AM
Thanks, but I would like to clarify the definition, not how to make it possible by post-processing tool. I could make Actix queries easily, but the problem is the definition.

tpkj
2010-08-25, 01:25 AM
Thanks, but I would like to clarify the definition, not how to make it possible by post-processing tool. I could make Actix queries easily, but the problem is the definition.

Please, could you prepare the query and share it?
It could be very usefull for us.
Thank you in advance for them.

madatrf
2010-08-26, 01:27 AM
if you have an e******* equipment,do we need to monitor only using e******* oss tool GPEH CTR UETR etc or any other tools?

Also, can you please mention some live tools?