PDA

View Full Version : TEMS drive test

justdream
2008-08-14, 06:53 PM
For TEMS drive test,

- Could we use the mobile handset as a scanner instead of the common RF scanner? (what's the difference?)

- I tried to collect data in the Idle mode and I noticed that there's a difference between TEMS route "shown in TEMS Map window" and exported log file table "shown in MapInfo".......the difference is just a repeated data which cause nonsense but has a bad effect in analysis, so why I got these repeated data? And how could I disable it?

Please advice

shahram
2008-08-14, 07:25 PM
different in what ?
rxlev or...?

hassen
2008-08-14, 08:44 PM
hi friend

show us with a picture to understand more your problem

justdream
2008-08-14, 09:53 PM
for my 1st question: I'm speaking about the difference between RF scanner and Handset from the accuracy and quality points of view

for my 2nd question: I'm speaking about the difference from the number of collected data consequently the drawn route as show in the picture

hassen
2008-08-15, 03:34 AM
hi friend

for me a bizarre problem
please try to export log file to fmt file and than open it with old tems v6 and than export
from old version to tab file in order to see the difference . because for each event is a combination with a unique geodetic coordinates or my be you got a merged file ,disable
merge file before exportation to tab file.

BR

stream19
2008-08-15, 09:26 AM
plz send me your logfile I will send the result with Explanation.

justdream
2008-08-16, 07:15 AM
Important Hint:

I forget to say that during my idle mode test, I was performing test per UMTS sector consequently I locked the TEMS to one scrambling code.
But as I moved during my test in streets covered by another sectors, the TEMS recorded these data by signal strength = zero,
so I exported the log file to text file….opened it in Excel…..just selected my collected data from my locked sector ‘as I know the scrambling code number’……opened it in MapInfo as shown in my previous topic to find difference between the MapInfo route and TEMS route
Could you explain????

Thanks

Again, you didn’t answer my question regarding the priority of using common RF scanner instead of mobile handset as a scanner or there isn’t any priority???

roamR
2008-08-16, 02:18 PM
One of the difference is handset will scan only define neighbor's channel in idle mode, while RF scanner will scan all define channel.

Original posted by justdream at 14-8-2008 13:53 http://www.5inetop.cn/images/common/back.gif (http://www.5inetop.cn/redirect.php?goto=findpost&pid=19883&ptid=1249)
For TEMS drive test,

- Could we use the mobile handset as a scanner instead of the common RF scanner? (what's the difference?)

- I tried to collect data in the Idle mode and I noticed that the ...

DCA
2008-08-16, 08:09 PM
Looks more like you applied a filter in the software.

justdream
2008-08-20, 08:09 PM
there's an important point:

in TEMS drive test, I used the mobile handset as a scanner.

Do you think this is the reason of my repeated data problem?

[ Last edited by justdream at 2008-8-20 19:10 ]

yangjianxuan25
2008-09-04, 11:42 PM
每天都要来逛一圈才行啊.

rokyliu
2008-09-13, 02:14 PM
fffffffffffffff

miro
2008-09-26, 11:50 PM
good thrilling talk...please continue