PDA

View Full Version : 3G Video Streaming KPI

riverstreamer
2010-07-16, 03:13 PM
Dears

I'll be thankful if you inform me about any KPI related to 3G/3G+ UMTS network in the subject of Video Streaming KPI and if possible with threshold.

Yours,
riverstreamer;

kais
2010-07-16, 04:56 PM
Dears

I'll be thankful if you inform me about any KPI related to 3G/3G+ UMTS network in the subject of Video Streaming KPI and if possible with threshold.

Yours,
riverstreamer;

service access time
VSQI
frame rate bit rate
throupught
% data mode DL R99;HSDPA; Edge; GPRS
% data mode UL R99;HSDPA; Edge; GPRS
Streaming type
packet loss

riverstreamer
2010-07-18, 06:04 PM
service access time
VSQI
frame rate bit rate
throupught
% data mode DL R99;HSDPA; Edge; GPRS
% data mode UL R99;HSDPA; Edge; GPRS
Streaming type
packet loss

Thank you Kais

Do you have the general optim thresholds (margins) for these KPIs that you have brought?

PS: For Video Conference call which is like CS connections, I have the KPIS; but for the Video Streaming, which is PS connection , I am not sure that I can benefit from general PS -data-KPI or other KPIs which are specified for the video, should be taken in account.

Yours

riverstreamer
2010-07-20, 11:31 PM
I close the subject myself.
In 3G in sight of RAN, there is no difference among different PS services, so the KPIS used for Video Streaming are like the ones which are used for PS 3G data.
BR/

firstmaxim
2010-07-21, 02:26 AM
Video Streaming KPIs will be different from PS 3G data because of their disparate QoS.

kamy
2010-07-21, 03:26 AM
Video Streaming KPIs will be different from PS 3G data because of their disparate QoS.

take a look on WCDMA deployment handbook - Qualcomm
They have some discussions for this kind of topic

riverstreamer
2010-07-22, 05:47 AM

Hi Firstmaxim

tnx; I said the can be seen the same in sight of RAN; in sight of QoS E2E of service normally each service had different criteria and requirements which are defined in E2E QoS of the network.
Do you say their KPI are differents in RAN/Radio stage?
I'll be thankful if you mention those KPIs which are excatly targeted to Video Streaming as criterias and condition of RAN service Quality. Thank you.

Yours,