PDA

View Full Version : Tems pocket and google maps.

leosedf
2010-07-09, 02:34 PM
Hello!
I am about to go to the mountains tomorrow (by foot) and use my tems pocket phone (K800) to create log files for a region.

Anyone has a simple guide on how to export points to google earth? The only thing i will need for a start is dB.
How to proccess the pocket log file? I can have tems 8.x.x installed and go with that. Is there any other software i can use to help me? (like mapinfo etc).

Regards

leosedf
2010-07-14, 02:12 PM
Finally i did it with the excel macro tools.
One thing that bothers me is that i get a lot of junk (blank data) when i export to text and i loose data.
For example i may have a complete road and after the conversion some portions are missing.
Anyone knows something about this?

telwind
2010-07-14, 03:00 PM
Hello!
I am about to go to the mountains tomorrow (by foot) and use my tems pocket phone (K800) to create log files for a region.

Anyone has a simple guide on how to export points to google earth? The only thing i will need for a start is dB.
How to proccess the pocket log file? I can have tems 8.x.x installed and go with that. Is there any other software i can use to help me? (like mapinfo etc).

Regards

a simple way, you can use TEMS 8 Collection (or Actix if you like) to export to scv/txt file. Then import it into GE.

what means you said a start is dB?

leosedf
2010-07-14, 06:58 PM
I did it by exporting a txt file and then use a macro on excel (made here on the forum) and import it to GE.
However there is a problem, i loose data, when i draw the lines on GE some lines are short. Roads for example, i do not get the whole road signal to appear.

Is it possible to enter the Cell ID with the dB on every point?
I started by entering dB only but now i need the cell ID.