PDA

View Full Version : [ask] MTS can be remoted?

dsulistyo
2010-07-07, 03:26 PM
Dear All,

Based on manual book MTS 2 and MTS 4 I found if we want to setup terminal we must change Ip address at computer to 10.0.253.100 SM:C Class..then we can connect to MTS via direct cable.

One question that I want to know, whether MTS can be remote from outside?
if it can be done, what configuration should be changed (in terms of hardware and software

tq

grid666
2010-07-13, 11:50 PM
Dear All,

Based on manual book MTS 2 and MTS 4 I found if we want to setup terminal we must change Ip address at computer to 10.0.253.100 SM:C Class..then we can connect to MTS via direct cable.

One question that I want to know, whether MTS can be remote from outside?
if it can be done, what configuration should be changed (in terms of hardware and software

tq

What you mean "Outside" ???, Did you ment without physical connection ? like OTA ?

Answer is NO ! out of security reasons !

dsulistyo
2010-07-14, 12:04 AM
With physical connection I mean..Will it be done?

What you mean "Outside" ???, Did you ment without physical connection ? like OTA ?

Answer is NO ! out of security reasons !

uy0101
2010-07-14, 12:21 AM
Sure it can be done provided that you have an IP connection to the BTS (e.g. you have a link made by several switches between you and the MTS)

In the case thare are some routers between you and the MTS you must configure correctly the defult gateways both on your PC and on the MTS

If you want further infor you must provide mor edetaisl about the "objects" in-between you and the MTS in your network

Regards,
uy

dsulistyo
2010-07-14, 12:31 AM
Thanks for the answer ..

I'll try as soon as possible to make a detailed configuration of the wiring to the MTS from the local PC

Sure it can be done provided that you have an IP connection to the BTS (e.g. you have a link made by several switches between you and the MTS)

In the case thare are some routers between you and the MTS you must configure correctly the defult gateways both on your PC and on the MTS

If you want further infor you must provide mor edetaisl about the "objects" in-between you and the MTS in your network

Regards,
uy

grid666
2010-07-14, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the answer ..

I'll try as soon as possible to make a detailed configuration of the wiring to the MTS from the local PC

If you have physical connection, i.e over the LAN, of course you can do whatever you want, provided you have valid credentials to access it.

dsulistyo
2010-11-27, 04:04 PM
Grid666

I can't view your attachment, here's the reason :

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Could you sent me detailed diagram to my email?

If you have physical connection, i.e over the LAN, of course you can do whatever you want, provided you have valid credentials to access it.

dsulistyo
2010-12-26, 05:39 PM
Any update for this question?

Grid666

I can't view your attachment, here's the reason :

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Could you sent me detailed diagram to my email?

Motorola
2011-01-01, 06:01 AM
Any update for this question?

What exactly do you need ?

dsulistyo
2011-01-07, 06:01 PM
it simple..

just an example of wiring diagram to enable monitoring MTS.
include in it...ip management..
ex:
MTS server:192.168.1.x
MTS user (remote user):192.168.1.x

MTS user can communicate and configure MTS via .... ????

What exactly do you need ?

Motorola
2011-01-07, 06:18 PM
it simple..

ex:

Of course it can

dsulistyo
2011-01-07, 06:48 PM
can you send it to my email..or sent to object storage on web (eg ziddu,or 4shared) so i can view it easily since i can't view link/attachment here.

Of course it can

Motorola
2011-01-07, 07:42 PM
it simple..

ex:

check image on :
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: networkmanagement.JPG (http://hotfile.com/dl/94944118/e2384b2/networkmanagement.JPG.html)

dsulistyo
2011-01-08, 04:07 PM
@********
Thanks for your prompt action. I've downloaded your attachment, but it seems just configuration on MTS side.

On user side?
Cabling and IP Management example?

check image on :
Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: networkmanagement.JPG (http://hotfile.com/dl/94944118/e2384b2/networkmanagement.JPG.html)

dsulistyo
2011-01-08, 04:25 PM
could you ilustrate it?

Regards,
uy