PDA

View Full Version : Question Drive Test Help

nhato
2010-06-30, 10:55 AM
Hi to All,
I would like to do a DriveTest, and I don't know where to start, what do I need??, what I need to buy??? etc.

Somewhere in this forum, I read that all that I need is: 2 phones SonyEriccson T610 and TEMS... Is that right??? If is that so, i have to install any software into the phones???. What version of TEMS do I need???

It seems that phone T610 is only for 2G, what phone or modem can I use to do a DriveTest in 3G??? Can I use a Huawei modem to do this???

Any advise or comment would be useful.

BR

Nhato

telwind
2010-06-30, 11:47 AM
it is subject what test you need, like call drop test, handover test, application throughput, etc. this will let you know how many phones you need.

you need laptop with drive test installed. TEMS Investigation is good choice. with TEMS 8 and k800 phone you can test voice call, GPRS, UMTS data but no EDGE. with K790 you can test voice, EDGE.

if you can give details of your purpose then i can give some proposal.

waveice
2010-06-30, 12:27 PM
u can see my website u now about DT
http://www.sinauonline.50webs.com/dt/drivetest.html

tuyul
2010-06-30, 12:55 PM
Hi to All,
I would like to do a DriveTest, and I don't know where to start, what do I need??, what I need to buy??? etc.

Somewhere in this forum, I read that all that I need is: 2 phones SonyEriccson T610 and TEMS... Is that right??? If is that so, i have to install any software into the phones???. What version of TEMS do I need???

It seems that phone T610 is only for 2G, what phone or modem can I use to do a DriveTest in 3G??? Can I use a Huawei modem to do this???

Any advise or comment would be useful.

BR

Nhato

try to use k800i for modem,its more easy

gsm_forumer
2010-06-30, 01:36 PM
most familiar tools for drivetestting is NEMO from Anite and TEMS from Ascom

Both of them supply Mobile unit (NEMO Handy or TEMS Pocket), and PC Software (NEMO Outdoor or TEMS Investigation)

For mobile unit you have to trade something to get the license, and for PC software you can use SEARCH button to find the installer and medics.

For you have low budget, and there are no special requirements from Network operator, I suggest you use PC based. For interface, you can use Qualcomm based phones (3G phone for GSM and UMTS and CDMA phone for CDMA) for voice testing and PS testing. For EDGE, HSDPA, and HSUPA you can use Qualcomm based Datacards. Both of them are commercial types, no need special treatment.

And last, for methods or theory, you may ask Uncle G..

Rooster[BG]
2010-06-30, 05:33 PM
Some remark about Huawei DataCards:
Some models (I tested E180 and E220) does not report GPRS/EDGE Downlink Coding Scheme (CS/MCS) so if you have requirement for MCS DL distribution you may have a problem. Maybe with additional modifications you can get MCS DL.

As for phones - T610 is an old but good phone. You can also use it as a GSM Scanner. T610 works with TEMS up to version 8.1.3

You need to install TEMS firmware on the phones before you can connect them to TEMS but there are some commercial phones with Qualcomm chip that can be connected to TEMS. There is a thread in the forum about such phones, just search.

Both of them supply Mobile unit (NEMO Handy or TEMS Pocket), and PC Software (NEMO Outdoor or TEMS Investigation)

For mobile unit you have to trade something to get the license, and for PC software you can use SEARCH button to find the installer and medics.

For you have low budget, and there are no special requirements from Network operator, I suggest you use PC based. For interface, you can use Qualcomm based phones (3G phone for GSM and UMTS and CDMA phone for CDMA) for voice testing and PS testing. For EDGE, HSDPA, and HSUPA you can use Qualcomm based Datacards. Both of them are commercial types, no need special treatment.

nhato
2010-07-01, 03:57 PM
it is subject what test you need, like call drop test, handover test, application throughput, etc. this will let you know how many phones you need.

you need laptop with drive test installed. TEMS Investigation is good choice. with TEMS 8 and k800 phone you can test voice call, GPRS, UMTS data but no EDGE. with K790 you can test voice, EDGE.

if you can give details of your purpose then i can give some proposal.

Hi, as a first step, I would like to study Call-Drops and Handover in 2G, but also I would like to test throughput in HSDPA, there is no operator or costumer, is just to learn more about mobile networks.

BR

Nhato

nhato
2010-07-01, 04:05 PM

Many thanks, actually I've already read it, it is very comprehensive and easy but, I don't have a WCDMA scanner, and I don't know if that tutorial is useful for me due that I don't have all the equipment.

BR

Nhato

nhato
2010-07-01, 04:12 PM

Hi, what kind of licences do I need to use a phone like Nokia or SonyE*******???? Do I need to **** my phone??
This licences, can I find it here in this forum???

So many questions to start....

BR

Nhato

justdream
2010-07-01, 06:29 PM

many thanks but the images in the port configuration page is not loading,
can you fix :hug:

gsm_forumer
2010-07-12, 06:07 PM
Hi, what kind of licences do I need to use a phone like Nokia or SonyE*******???? Do I need to **** my phone??
This licences, can I find it here in this forum???

So many questions to start....

BR

Nhato

You need NTM version phones for Nokia to be able for DT devices.
Some member has claimed already succesful in cloning it
For Sony E*******, you need to re-program your handset using appropriate software+files. find useful post from David Brayan for free license and method

telwind
2010-07-12, 07:32 PM
Hi, as a first step, I would like to study Call-Drops and Handover in 2G, but also I would like to test throughput in HSDPA, there is no operator or costumer, is just to learn more about mobile networks.

BR

Nhato

it is better to use the latest TEMS Inv (v10/11) and TEMS phone (like W995 can support scanner and indoor test) which support 2G and HSPDA.

01 phone setup long call for CDR and HO. 01 phone for HSPDA test. these two test could be run simultaneously. but normally in my country 3G coverage is smaller than 2G than no need to do test 3G where not available. also need to separate the 3G with other if you want to do the cell throughput (to isolate the occupy of the resource)