PDA

View Full Version : Optimization of pilot power for load balancing in WCDMA networks

ptt3i
2010-06-15, 07:36 PM
In WCDMA networks, the power level of the common pilot channel (CPICH) has a significant impact on the network performance. The power level of a pilot signal determines the cell size, and thereby the load of the cell. By taking into account the variation of the traffic intensity over the service area, the pilot power can be adjusted to equalize the traffic load over the cells. We present a model for load balancing in WCDMA networks, and propose an algorithm for solving the load balancing optimization problem subject to the constraint of full coverage of the service area. We report our computational experiments for the real-life WCDMA networks of Berlin and Lisbon.

ramasha
2010-06-30, 09:04 PM
good material

ptt3i
2010-07-01, 12:37 AM
Thanks all for giving me credit.

All PMs were sent password.

Hope it helps.
ptt3i.

zelefan
2010-07-13, 06:31 PM
Hi ptt3i,
I would be please if you can send me your document. As a new junior member, I can't downloaded it yet. I am working for an Antilla network operator which at the moment have a huge pilot pollution issue and I think that that document could help.
Can you send it please at zelefan@hotmail.com or post the link on the forum please. I will obviously thank you in return.:D
Regards.