PDA

View Full Version : question regarding silent timeslots..

kalam
2010-06-05, 09:06 PM
i've heard a lot about silent timeslots problem in GSM networks...what does the term "silent timeslot" actually refer to and what are it's causes ?

Is there any method to reduce or eliminate silent timeslot problem?

optimization gurus please explain

kevin_h811
2010-06-05, 11:44 PM
hi KALAM,

Is this Half Rate or Full Rate...frankly, this is the first time I heard of "silent timeslots'...Although in my part or experience, there are what you call SLEEPING TRX...means, not carrying traffic, either hardware or installation problem or software setting problem...
Usually in HUAWEI equipment, if for example, S444, 2 of each them are Half rate, the rest are Full rate, there are times the priority of camping calls is mostly in Full rated TRX, but the one Half rated are least prioritized by the system or sometimes not being camped by traffic, you might say that they are in SILENT TIMESLOTS mode cause they are not carrying or handling traffic..because of this, we usually half rate all TRX or TRUs so that all TRX will have traffic...as per HUAWEI equipment is concern..
Hope I shared an idea of what you are querying about...pls add reputation if you think I helped or gave explanation regarding your issue...if not it's ok..

BR//

justdream
2010-06-19, 11:35 PM
sorry, I still didn't understand Half Rate :(