Thanks Thanks:  6
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: tmf2cap tool of Huawei

Junior Member Reputation: 11

Default tmf2cap tool of Huawei

Hello ,

I have been working on a Huawei equipment based WiMAX IP-core network. My prime responsibility is to work on Huawei ASN Gateway, WASN9770. In this tool, packets can be traced/dump in .tmf format which can only be opened in Huawei LMT software. Huawei engineers have a tools name tmf2cap, which can covert these tmf files to cap/pcap files which can be read through wireshark.

Can anyone provide me this tool ? I will be really very grateful if you provide me this tool.

Thanks in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 419

Default Re: tmf2cap tool of Huawei

Quote Originally Posted by eeeboy View Post
    Hello ,

I have been working on a Huawei equipment based WiMAX IP-core network. My prime responsibility is to work on Huawei ASN Gateway, WASN9770. In this tool, packets can be traced/dump in .tmf format which can only be opened in Huawei LMT software. Huawei engineers have a tools name tmf2cap, which can covert these tmf files to cap/pcap files which can be read through wireshark.

Can anyone provide me this tool ? I will be really very grateful if you provide me this tool.

Thanks in advance.
    What is usage of wireshark??
    If you need just to open tmf you can search this forum you will find solution.
    But if wireshark has special feature that's intresting to work....

Well, there would be no use of Wireshark if Huawei had made their Trace Viewer tool properly. What I understand, their intention to build such tool is to never give customers a complete grip on network analysis. Where with Wireshark you can analyze traffic in many aspects, many dimensions- with Huawei traceviewer, you will always struggle with even basic functionality.

More interestingly, I have always seen Huawei R&D engineers to use wireshark for analysis- from the trace files we provide them in tmf format.

However, it would be really nice, if some one could give me that tool.

Senior Member Reputation: 379

Quote Originally Posted by eeeboy View Post
    Well, there would be no use of Wireshark if Huawei had made their Trace Viewer tool properly. What I understand, their intention to build such tool is to never give customers a complete grip on network analysis. Where with Wireshark you can analyze traffic in many aspects, many dimensions- with Huawei traceviewer, you will always struggle with even basic functionality.

More interestingly, I have always seen Huawei R&D engineers to use wireshark for analysis- from the trace files we provide them in tmf format.

However, it would be really nice, if some one could give me that tool.
    Hi,

Please follow the link belows to get UMAT software for the conversion tmf to cap but i havent tried any yet. Please do feedback if you got something.
    http://www.finetopix.com/showthread.php?26765-UMTS-Maintain-analysis-tool-(UMAT)-V0.315-supported-up-to-RAN12&highlight=

thank you
    Default Password:finetopix

Member Reputation: 35

Hi guys,
    any news on tmf2cap tool from Huawei???

Dear kentck86, can you please post UMAT tool on other hosting sites? I can not yet download here.
    Thank in Advance.

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Thumbs up Re: tmf2cap tool of Huawei

Is this tool commercially available? Is there other way to convert the traces to PCAP?

Member Reputation: 35

The tmf2cap is internal Huawei tool, not for public eyes

Many are searching for it...

Dear kentck86,

Please don't take it otherwise. I am quite respectful to forum rules and completely understand and agree with the point of reputation for downloading files.

The problem is- I am almost a complete core network/ IP guy, and within my exploration time I could not identify any forum/posts where I can actually contribute. As per my understanding, this forum mostly concerns with RF. In such scenario, it's quite difficult for me to earn at least 15 points of reputation to download this file. Moreover, these tools are usually technology specific like I have the tmf2cap for GGSN/SGSN/PDSN but didn't work for WASN. So, chances are high that tool for UMTS will not work either. But I have no way, I have to test everything that even bears 0.00000001% chance.

Considering this, is it possible for you to provide me an alternative link (if you don't want to share it in public, might be in PM ? ) ? As I told earlier, it's just a polite request. I hope you will understand. Or you can show me the area where I can share my knowledge on IP Network/WiMAX core network.

Thanks !

Junior Member Reputation: 14

Hi,
    The tool exists, but I think the mediation files are needed to make it compatible in UMAT. Unfortunately I don't know how it is done.

Member Reputation: 181

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

here the link : http://www.finetopix.com/showthread....192#post202192

Quote Originally Posted by zefs View Post
    The tmf2cap is internal Huawei tool, not for public eyes

Many are searching for it...

12. Thanks T_ADD thanked for this post