Thanks Thanks:  15
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 86

Thread: Samsung with TEMS and other DT tools guide

VIP Member Reputation: 1849 wolverine's Avatar

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Default Samsung with TEMS and other DT tools guide

Most drive testing tools, including TEMS, Couei, ROMES, Nemo etc support the Qualcomm chipset.

99% of Samsung 3G phones use Qualcomm chipsets and hence can be used with the above tools.

In order to do this follow this procedure..

1. DL the Qualcomm driver pack from...

http://rapidshare.com/files/22509583...Driver2040.exe

and install it. Note: this will just unpack the driver files at a specific location.

2. Connect the Samsung phone to your laptop via USB cable using the drivers that came with the phone.

3. Using the hyperterminal application connect to the modem port of the phone (to see what modem port number Windows has assigned use Device Manager)

4. Once connected via hyperterminal type the following command..

AT$SUSBC=1

5. The Qualcomm diagnostic interface will be activated and Windows will ask you for the drivers (you might need to disconnect/re-connect the USB cable). Point the Found New Hardware Wizzard to the folder that was created in step 1.

6. That is it. If you look in Device Manager now you will see that there is one Qualcomm modem enabled and one Qualcomm diagnostic port enabled. Point all DT tools to the diagnostic port to view messages etc.

7. If you ever want to disable the Qualcomm diagnostic interface and revert back to normal "Samsung mode" follow the same procedure but type AT$SUSBC=0

Hope this helps somebody..

By the way, if you ever need to enable the Qualcomm diagnostic interface on a Huawei product use the following command (again via hyperterminal) AT^U2DIAG=0

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 212

Thanks very much I try this solution of yours, but do you have list of Samsung phones that would be compatible with this application and the mentioned drive test tools..

Thanks,,,

Quote Originally Posted by markos View Post
    Most drive testing tools, including TEMS, Couei, ROMES, Nemo etc support the Qualcomm chipset.

99% of Samsung 3G phones use Qualcomm chipsets and hence can be used with the above tools.

In order to do this follow this procedure..

1. DL the Qualcomm driver pack from...

http://rapidshare.com/files/22509583...Driver2040.exe

and install it. Note: this will just unpack the driver files at a specific location.

2. Connect the Samsung phone to your laptop via USB cable using the drivers that came with the phone.

3. Using the hyperterminal application connect to the modem port of the phone (to see what modem port number Windows has assigned use Device Manager)

4. Once connected via hyperterminal type the following command..

AT$SUSBC=1

5. The Qualcomm diagnostic interface will be activated and Windows will ask you for the drivers (you might need to disconnect/re-connect the USB cable). Point the Found New Hardware Wizzard to the folder that was created in step 1.

6. That is it. If you look in Device Manager now you will see that there is one Qualcomm modem enabled and one Qualcomm diagnostic port enabled. Point all DT tools to the diagnostic port to view messages etc.

7. If you ever want to disable the Qualcomm diagnostic interface and revert back to normal "Samsung mode" follow the same procedure but type AT$SUSBC=0

Hope this helps somebody..

By the way, if you ever need to enable the Qualcomm diagnostic interface on a Huawei product use the following command (again via hyperterminal) AT^U2DIAG=0

VIP Member Reputation: 263

Quote Originally Posted by markos View Post

................ to enable the Qualcomm diagnostic interface on a Huawei product use the following command (again via hyperterminal) AT^U2DIAG=0
    Hi
    I am using Samsung Z560 with Invex3G and has lot of issues..like Handset not detected or rebots or hangs during call etc...I will see if this helps me..Thanks a lot for ur guide

Member Reputation: 212

Br Clive,

Have you tried the Z560 with the complete TEMS Investigation solution provided by David??

Just curious if you done this already??? By the way I will be following this thread closely so please update us all on your discovery...

Many thanks ,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by clive View Post
    Hi
    I am using Samsung Z560 with Invex3G and has lot of issues..like Handset not detected or rebots or hangs during call etc...I will see if this helps me..Thanks a lot for ur guide

Member Reputation: 15

this method works both on CDMA and WCDMA 3G phones?

VIP Member Reputation: 54

Hi Mark,

I have tried Samsung z500, it does not support AT$SUSBC command
    or
    does any friend have secret code to activate diagnostic port for Samsung Z500 ?

any suggestion and help is appreciated

thanks

NV
    Last edited by nova_debussy; 2009-04-27 at 05:09 PM

Member Reputation: 181

Try this code :-)

*#9999*0#

Quote Originally Posted by nova_debussy View Post
    Hi Mark,

or

thanks

NV

VIP Member Reputation: 54

Quote Originally Posted by uel888 View Post
    Try this code :-)

*#9999*0#
    Thanks UEL, the code is only for show SID, NID, LAC, reg period.. parameter only

cheers

VIP Member Reputation: 1849 wolverine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nova_debussy View Post
    Hi Mark,

or

thanks

NV
    I'm suprised. Are you sure you have configured the hyperterminal correctly? Do you get a OK when you type AT and press enter?

In any case older Sasmung phones have a test mode that you can access by typing *#123580#

If it works on the Z500, go to menu item 9, then 6 and then pick Qualcomm USB.

This accomplishes the same thing as the AT command in the original post. If you play around with the test mode you can see some more interesting info like lac, rac, frequencies etc.

VIP Member Reputation: 1171

Default @nd

@nova

pls try this ...

Enter code: *#782872# it will switch mode to Qualcomm

Switch back communication to Samsung mode by enter *#726872# code

Pls, let me know if is OK for your model
    P