Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Missing Neighbor

Senior Member Reputation: 490

Default Missing Neighbor

Friends,
    I got a missing neighbor between these two sites but the no handover failure, so does it mean that there’s a mistake in the neighbor relation between these two sites or there is another reasons for missing neighbor event…
    Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (35.3 KB, 688 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (25.6 KB, 688 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (21.1 KB, 686 views)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 555

Hi My friend,

Missing neighbour doesnt mean there is handover failure, there are many reason for HO failure, eg, target cell is blocking or have bad KPI so source cell couldnt perform HO when HO is triggered.
    For your inquiry above, i think TEMS have methode to justify the missing neighbour event.
    If im not wrong, when we perform drivetest using scanner and ue, tems always compare the best server from the scanner and best server from ue, if there is difference between best scanner and best ue, so it will count as missing neighbour.
    CMIIW.
    but for sure you must ensure that the neighbour must be defined apropriately in the database. Some time tems do the illogical missing neighbour event, so you should crosschek between the drivetest and live network database

br

Default Tool

Thanks my dear friend,

Is there a tool to check the relation between Sites and neighbors?
    I heard about MCOM, or there is better tool????

Please advice

Senior Member Reputation: 502

You can you MIPT and the attach is the in put files and mipt
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi my friend,

You can use MIPT, fill all neighbour from live database to the sheet. Or i think you can use tems cell file to view the neighbour as well.

br

Quote Originally Posted by justdream View Post
    Thanks my dear friend,

Is there a tool to check the relation between Sites and neighbors?
    I heard about MCOM, or there is better tool????

Please advice

Member Reputation: 48

Default It is usually a symmetry problem

Friends,
    I got a missing neighbor between these two sites but the no handover failure, so does it mean that there’s a mistake in the neighbor relation between these two sites or there is another reasons for missing neighbor event…
    Thanks
    In GSM most neighbor relations are symmetric, also called mutual which means that you will be able to do handover from CellA to CellB , and from CellB to CellA. when you do a handover from CellA to CellB TEMS checks the neighbor list if handover from CellB to CellA is defined in CellB. If not defined a missing neighbor detection is triggered, that is most likely the reason you are getting that message. So if you do the drive test in the opposite direction the handover from CellB to CellA will not take place. just doubleclick over the missing neighbor report to see the source and target cell relation you must define in the bsc. Br, you know where the reputation and thanks buttons are if it helped

Default Strategy

thanks experts too much,

please I need any strategy for neighbor relations......when I should add and what to add ....what to delete and avoid

Thanks and reputation for all

thanks experts too much,

please I need any strategy for neighbor relations......when I should add and what to add ....what to delete and avoid

Thanks and reputation for all
    Hi frien,

The neighbour should be defined effectively as the database has maximum neighbour definition. And should be inline with operator strategy, eg operator has more DCS spectrum than GSM...
    1. define the neighbour on the first layer, for rural area define till second layer etc
    2. the neighbour definition should be bothway as previous post by elche
    3. parameter should consistent each other, as i have post on other post
    4. GSM GSM HO,GSM DCS HO, DCS GSM HO and DCS DCS HO parameter should be define properly (layering strategy) both on idle and dedicated mode, to absorb traffic on DCS, avoid ping pong HO.
    5. Handover feature could be implemented to improve the performance, eg Quality HO margin, traffic HO, fast uplink, speed sensitive handover.
    6. Monitor the statistical performance

br

Junior Member Reputation: 14

I suggest using your vendor specific tool for gathering call traces and analyzing them to get potential not added neighbors and added yet not needed neighbors, as call traces represent actual measurement reports; and the more the better!

please tell me if you need more help!

Please add rep

Junior Member Reputation: 11

Hi,

You can use ATOLL planning tool to generate neighbors. Just use the standard model.

I think this is the easy way.