Thanks Thanks:  15
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: high RRC setup failures,possible reasons

Member Reputation: 109

Default high RRC setup failures,possible reasons

Hi,
    We have RRC setup issues (RRC setup request are being sent for 4 times without any response from NodeB) in all 3 sectors of a 3g site,which result in blocked calls . investigations shows high downlink transport channel BLER while the RSCP and EcN0 is good, availability is 100% too. what could be the possible causes?

regards,

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 30

Default Re: high RRC setup failures,possible reasons

Probably it seems that Node-B is not hearing the RRC request sent from UE, hence no reply/command to setup the RRC. There may be several reasons for it.
    Have you checked RTWP Value for that site, also it may be due to Hardware Problem. Plz check if any alarm coming on the site else just try to commission the site again and observe. You may also get the site parameter as well as transmission media verified.
    Last edited by SHIVAM; 2014-12-22 at 04:29 AM

Member Reputation: 368

Hi,

This could be due to High RTWP (May be external Interference) or due to hardware issue in NodeB.I have attched a document that may be useful in troubleshooting access failures
    accessfailurestroubleshooting.rar
    Add me Rep to become a Senior Member :)

5. Thanks jkpllan3, justdream, la_gleaner, SRRFWIRELESS7, vci07 thanked for this post
    Senior Member Reputation: 587

Do a restart of the site as usually that solves 90% of the problems in Huawei equipment or check the board utilization of the NodeB as if board utilization is high usually reject(RRC SSR drops as in your case).
    Or collect the NodeB brdlog from M2000(U2000) at software tab -> NE->(select your NE name)->other(here select BRDLOG and transfer from NE to OSS client.) just use the compress option and open it with FMA to analyze it.
    This way you will have a better idea of what is happening with your NodeB

B/R
    Still learning.....
    If you find my post useful please add reputation and click on Thank You button

My default password is: HERE

Member Reputation: 312

if your vendor is e******* check the preamble ramping of PRACH in power control ,as the mobile can not listening of NODEB .

CHEERS
    Knowledge is power, when shared and applied:)
    "Knowledge is like money: To be of value it must circulate, and in circulating it can increase in quantity and, hopefully, in value. — Louis L'Amour”

Member Reputation: 18

check the Packet loss or HW issue in the BBU because it's related to commun issue in all sectores

Senior Member Reputation: 490

Quote Originally Posted by tharinduwije View Post
    Hi,

This could be due to High RTWP (May be external Interference) or due to hardware issue in NodeB.I have attched a document that may be useful in troubleshooting access failures
    accessfailurestroubleshooting.rar
    Dear I read in your document that PreambleRetransMax
    should be 20 otherwise it will affect UE access Failures however I found in my network different values like 7 & 30
    Could you please explain to me what these values mean?

Excuse me it's still my first days in 3G world..

Senior Member Reputation: 311

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by shahram View Post
    Hi,
    We have RRC setup issues (RRC setup request are being sent for 4 times without any response from NodeB) in all 3 sectors of a 3g site,which result in blocked calls . investigations shows high downlink transport channel BLER while the RSCP and EcN0 is good, availability is 100% too. what could be the possible causes?

regards,
    It's quite old document.

11. Thanks justdream, hakimgsm, SRRFWIRELESS7, jkpllan3, vci07 thanked for this post