Thanks Thanks:  5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: How to prevent MS connects to cell if distance below specified distance?

Member Reputation: 33

Default How to prevent MS connects to cell if distance below specified distance?

Dear my friend,

I have a problem need your ideas to solve.

I want to prevent MS connect to a cell if distance between MS and BTS below a specified distance (or TA value). MS has to handover to neighbour cells. Like follow image

Cell.JPG

Any way to do this in GSM?

Thanks so much.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Moderator Reputation: 473

Default Re: How to prevent MS connects to cell if distance below specified distance?

Hi,

I do not know what is purpose of this question in practice but in GSM you can do it by TALIM parameter.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by hoangtuna View Post
    Dear my friend,

I want to prevent MS connect to a cell if distance between MS and BTS below a specified distance (or TA value). MS has to handover to neighbour cells. Like follow image

Cell.JPG

Thanks so much.

Default Re: How to prevent MS connects to cell if distance below specified distance?

Quote Originally Posted by electron View Post
    Hi,

I do not know what is purpose of this question in practice but in GSM you can do it by TALIM parameter.

Cheers
    Thank you. But I think that TALIM just defines the maximum TA MS can use before HO to another cell. It don't define the "minimum TA" to prevent MS near BTS connect to cell.

In practice, we want to use this cell to cover far fields that dont have place to build BTS (like moutain, sea, island...). This cell use a power amplifier and TMA to boost the power so it take a lot of traffic of neighbouring cells. So it has high traffic, just from near MS while MS at far field doesnt have enough resource to make call.

The only parameters that can help you are TALIM and MAXTA. Most probably you can use MAXTA for your purpose or mixture of both of them.(TALIM= MAXTA-1)

Cheers
    Thank you. But I think that TALIM just defines the maximum TA MS can use before HO to another cell. It don't define the "minimum TA" to prevent MS near BTS connect to cell.

In practice, we want to use this cell to cover far fields that dont have place to build BTS (like moutain, sea, island...). This cell use a power amplifier and TMA to boost the power so it take a lot of traffic of neighbouring cells. So it has high traffic, just from near MS while MS at far field doesnt have enough resource to make call.

Quote Originally Posted by electron View Post
    The only parameters that can help you are TALIM and MAXTA. Most probably you can use MAXTA for your purpose or mixture of both of them.(TALIM= MAXTA-1)
    Cheers
    I think that these are only parameter can affect to MS's distance. But they cant solve this problem.
    Example: How to limit the working TA of MS from 40 to 60? Too hard to control it

Thanks my mod

Well, There is no solution for this demand
    I think that these are only parameter can affect to MS's distance. But they cant solve this problem.
    Example: How to limit the working TA of MS from 40 to 60? Too hard to control it

Thanks my mod

Member Reputation: 96

Did you use GSM900 or DCS1800 or both? If you goal is to have coverage in very far areas you can use High Gain antenna.
    But if you want to do using parameters change, you can try only if you are suing dual band or concentric cells only.

Member Reputation: 567

I thinks you should add 1 normal cell has same location. And you HO to push all trafffic from TMB cell to co cell if the signal of co cell is above a threshold. Only define neighbor 1 one way from TBM cell to co cell and other cells dont have neighbor with TMB cell
    dtvt2
    Pass: finetopix

Member Reputation: 261

This is tricky task .. you can do it by using a special antenna I think it is called mega antenna, I'll check it, which has a very narrow BW and at certain distance it became wide. otherwise, you have to tune the parameters for both Ideal and Active mode ... for ideal more you need to change the CRO and PT to make the cell less attractive .. and for the Active mode you need to use increase OFFSETP for all the neighbour in the direction of the target cell to make it less attractive. note that you need to be aggressive in parameters changing to get good results.

good luck

Dear my friend,

Cell.JPG

Thanks so much.

Member Reputation: 96

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

Dear

I think u can put this cell low priority in cell selection process than the near by cells , so the near by cell will take most traffic in near cell ,

pls check the 2 parameters

1- CBQ
    2- CBA

thanks