Thanks Thanks:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Tetra PEI AT Commands

Junior Member Reputation: 10

Default Tetra PEI AT Commands

Hello,

I am trying to use AT commands to read SDS messages from Sepura STP9000.
    Some simple commands run OK, others don't, more importantly the AT+CMGS commands and the +CSDS
    or any other command related to messaging?
    Am I missing something here? Should I put the radio into a specific mode or so?
    Can I use the STP9000 to access SDS using AT commands?
    Any other option for doing so programmatically? other than AT commands?

Many thanx in advance for any insights

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 1609

Default Re: Tetra PEI AT Commands

Thank you for your reply.

Well I checked the SAIL Tool, it worked fine on the Sepura STP9000 radio and managed to logged the activity.

The problem I am trying to solve is to capture GPS SDS messages which I intend to send to a single radio, and use a computer-radio interface to extract
    these GPS messages and send them to a vehicle tracking system.

SAIL tool does a good job in logging all air messages for monitoring and debugging purposes.
    I hoped that I could have made use of it for my purpose but the log file format is rather complex also
    SAIL tool provide an option to work continuously and generate many sub files, the problem is that a new file is are generated after 10000 lines
    or based on a 15 minutes period! which is a little bit too much time for our tracking purposes.

Using AT commands to extract messages should be straight forward, but the related commands don't work
    on the STP9000, giving me different messages CME Error 3 CME Error 35 CME Error 36! which makes me wonder
    if I have to make a specific configuration on the radio to allow these commands?

Any other clues are higly appreciated.

Regards,

Member Reputation: 65

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

To route out GPS position data LIP (PID 10 SDS) you must use AT+CTSP=2,3,10 (Both MT and TE) i.a.w this document http://www.etsi.org/deliver/etsi_ts/...05v020301p.pdf
    There was some examples of the same issue covered in this forum some time ago.

Yes thank you
    I already used commands:
    CommandText.Text = "AT+CTSP=1,3,2";
    CommandText.Text = "AT+CTSP=1,3,3";
    CommandText.Text = "AT+CTSP=1,3,130";
    CommandText.Text = "AT+CTSP=1,3,131";

These manged to send various sds to PEI, I'll try the command you sent and see if it works.

Another thing please, when I send an SDS using a radio and receive it via PEI interface of another radio, the receiving radio receives
    the message and send it to PEI, but the sending radio keeps displaying sending message on its screen until it displays message failed, although
    the receive received it correctly! I tried to send a delivery report back but that didn't and the sending radio keeps displaying sending message until it displays
    message failed.
    What do I need to do, is it because of the delivery report? may be it is not correctly formatted?

Here is the .Net code I am using to send the message :
    SendATCommand("AT+CTSDS=12,0,0,0,0\r\n");

//82 = 130 decimal Complex SDS-TL Text Transfer
    //04 = 0100 binary, each bit has a meaning
    //FF = Message reference
    //01 = Latin Encoding
    string controlString = "8204FF01";
    string hexaRepresentation = ConvertStringToHexaRepresentation(SDSMessageText.Text);

SendATCommand("AT+CMGS=ReceiverNumber," + ((hexaRepresentation.Length + controlString.Length) * 4) + "\r\n" + controlString + hexaRepresentation + char.ConvertFromUtf32(26));

Here is the code I am using to send a report back to sender:

//82 = PID (130 decimal)
    //1 = Message Type (SDS-TRANSFER)
    //0 = 0000 binary. The first bit does not request an acknowledgement; the second and third bits are required
    //to be fixed at 0; the fourth bit does not request storage in the SwMI
    //00 = Receipt Acknowledgement
    //XX = Will be added to controlString as the message reference number

SendATCommand("AT+CTSDS=12,0,0,0,0\r\n");
    string controlString = "821000";
    int messageLength = (controlString.Length + MessageReference.Length) * 4;
    string FullCommand = "AT+CMGS=" + CallingParty + "," + messageLength.ToString() + "\r\n" + controlString + MessageReference + char.ConvertFromUtf32(26);
    SendATCommand(FullCommand);

Any Advises??

Thank you Gentlemen

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.

LIP SDS messages with PID 10 can be sent if your reporting radio has GPS receiver on-board and contains proper configuration of receiving part ISSI. This is common and recommended configuration in most of AVL scenarios as reporting is done by the radio itself.

To explain second problem: your radio is configured to wait for acknowledge of received SDS and it displays "Failed" on timeout. You should specify timeout value "0" to avoid such behavior.

Unfortunately to configure both of these features you will need a radio manager software.

What about trying to solve this problem by the receiving radio, the one that is connected via the PEI interface? that it once it receives a message, it can send back a confirmation message.
    But the question is should the receiver send a delivery report? or an ACK message?

The way I read in Tetra Air Interface document, once a message is sent, the receiver radio sends a delivery report, then the sender sends back an ACK message, kind of three steps process?

is this correct?

Well I've managed to figure out how to program Sepura STP 9000 to send and receive SDS.
    ETSI documentation provides good reference, especially the air interface document, lots of information about packets structure (messages), meanings of bits and bytes.
    You just connect the serial cable, use the CDM WHQL driver to define the cable and radio on windows 7, then using C# u can access the radio via its PEI using a simple
    SerialPort component.
    Another thing that was usefull, I had Sepura's PEI developer manual, lots of information related to Sepuras designated commands for sending and receiving SDS.

Good to hear about your success! Sepura PEI is far more better documented than ********'s...

Quote Originally Posted by gimmythesaint View Post
    Well I've managed to figure out how to program Sepura STP 9000 to send and receive SDS.
    ETSI documentation provides good reference, especially the air interface document, lots of information about packets structure (messages), meanings of bits and bytes.
    You just connect the serial cable, use the CDM WHQL driver to define the cable and radio on windows 7, then using C# u can access the radio via its PEI using a simple
    SerialPort component.
    Another thing that was usefull, I had Sepura's PEI developer manual, lots of information related to Sepuras designated commands for sending and receiving SDS.
    Is there any way to obtain the Sepura PEI developer manual?
    I'm having a really hard time figuring out al AT commands.....