Thanks Thanks:  0
Showing results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: UL OVERLOAD CONGESTION SOLUTION Hw//

Junior Member Reputation: 13

Default UL OVERLOAD CONGESTION SOLUTION Hw//

Dears,greeting to all RF experts here,This is my first post on this forum and I do hope that it will become a personal habit in the days to come as well.I'm facing a certain issue on the 3G Huawei WCDMA network.The network is on a small scale and newly launched. Initialy the Data throughput was very fast and there was no UL CE.However after the traffic increased I see that there is:1) No UL CE congestion2) No IuB Congestion3) No DL congestion4) There is UL Overload congestion of 66000s duration on sites.for any RRC est, although we can see RTWP increasing in the BH from 8:00pm-12:00pm.The values it reaches is -84 db on majority high traffic carrying sites.We had found through NodeB LMT spectrum scans that there are some agencies that use the spectrum, however being a small country they cannot force the Armed forces to disband till yet.Kindly share some concerns regarding increasing the throughput.The browsing experience throughout the day goes into buffering mode and even opening a youtube video takes a long time.Please help with your inputs here.Thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Member Reputation: 253

Default Re: UL OVERLOAD CONGESTION SOLUTION Hw//

Hi,

Have you checked thoroughly if there is code congestion or power congestion, if you said there is no UL and DL ce congestion? nor Iub congestion

br//

Quote Originally Posted by vaampeere View Post
    Dears,greeting to all RF experts here,This is my first post on this forum and I do hope that it will become a personal habit in the days to come as well.I'm facing a certain issue on the 3G Huawei WCDMA network.The network is on a small scale and newly launched. Initialy the Data throughput was very fast and there was no UL CE.However after the traffic increased I see that there is:1) No UL CE congestion2) No IuB Congestion3) No DL congestion4) There is UL Overload congestion of 66000s duration on sites.for any RRC est, although we can see RTWP increasing in the BH from 8:00pm-12:00pm.The values it reaches is -84 db on majority high traffic carrying sites.We had found through NodeB LMT spectrum scans that there are some agencies that use the spectrum, however being a small country they cannot force the Armed forces to disband till yet.Kindly share some concerns regarding increasing the throughput.The browsing experience throughout the day goes into buffering mode and even opening a youtube video takes a long time.Please help with your inputs here.Thanks!

Hi Kevin,

Yep absolutely no other congestion.There are some minor DL power congestion ones due to outages, but nothing on network scale

Recently I changed some parameters for ULCAC to 'OFF' for NBMALGO and subsequently changed ULNonAMR, ULAMR, ULOther,'CellThreshold'.. thresholds to 98-97%-from 76%,85% values.This brought a significant improvement today in browsing (which used to stop in between a lot).Will monitor it now.

OLC is not implemented in the network.Just wondering if it is implemented , will it create averse effects of just kicking out above threshold user from the cell?.What would be the user perception with it?.

thanks for the help for the newbie!

Member Reputation: 220

What's the value of your HSDPA troughput per user ?

@gogotchiya83:it is around 800Kb (with eHSDPA (64QAM) enabled on all cells).Also the live streaming for youtube stops in between for buffering (if you get the picture).RTWP is around -95 to -105 on most high traffic cells during peak hours.

I'm worried about 'cell_overload_congestion' which is very high on majority of the cells.

Another point

Number_of_UL_Overload_congestion=400--200 on average on most cells.Any way to remove this?.We dont have OLC implemented here.

Member Reputation: 172

sounds like you have to reduce the RTWP during the BH of the day. -84dBm RTWP is high.

br
    alex

Quote Originally Posted by vaampeere View Post
    Another point

Number_of_UL_Overload_congestion=400--200 on average on most cells.Any way to remove this?.We dont have OLC implemented here.

Quote Originally Posted by agenov View Post
    sounds like you have to reduce the RTWP during the BH of the day. -84dBm RTWP is high.

br
    alex
    Actually have discovered a very unexpected scenario here from higher management of operator.The total international BW was choked from the gateway here.This is what happens when CXo level ppl work with random forecasting!